February Acquisitions

Thomas

Forum GOD!
But.. . How you bought the aftershave splashes? ! I can't bring anything from another country, if there is alcohol in it.
Ah that's the trick, I use a website called RelayShop https://www.relayshopusa.com They provide you with a physical address in the US, you send all your parcels there then consolidate in a single parcel and they ship it for you to the UK. It is an expensive solution as you pay shipping within the US then to the UK + Taxes when coming to the UK but that's the only way.

I've used it twice and it works like a charm.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Two new brushes with AP Shave SilkSmoke. Excellent knot for triple milled / hard soaps and face lather.

I think I found the recipe for having a good synthetic brush. And I’m not referring to these two, but in general.


View attachment 43348
Have to admit, the more I use this knot, the more I like. As you state, great for face lathering. Very tempted to get another one

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
 

Martini

Forum GOD!
They look superb but the only one I can see on the Etsy site I don’t like the handle
Handle is usually personal preference and in this particular case I agree with you.

More important is the length of loft. There is no doubt in my mind that Andrew at AP Shave offers the best synthetic knots at the moment, but his brushes with 60mm lofts are doing no good for overall lathering performance. That’s why I use his knots only (one size bigger) and set them at 54-55mm max.

Try to get a handle(s) you like and order some of his knots. They all are excellent.
 

Electrif

SE la vie
A lovely cased Valet VC1, which I got for a song on the Bay. I'm sure this will be a joy to shave with as it can use a de-spined GEM, one of my favourite blades.


This will feature soon.

Unfortunately I missed the bargain of a lifetime, from the same seller, an Ever Ready 1912 Sun Ray. It was described as a Vintage razor. It sold before I realised for a best offer of £5.

Gutted is definitely an understatement.
 
Top