Completed Collection now Closed for Darron @Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burry

Forum GOD!
1. @Wayne
2. @Northam Saint
3. @slapo (money just sent)
4. @Big Mem
5. @DamianJ
6.malc6552
7.@alfie5542
8. @Murkurologist
9. Eurofighter
10. @Boycie83
11.@RussellR5555
12. p.b
13. Cleanfoam
14. @Hectorsgaf
15. @Rowlers
16. @TheChrisC
17. @JamieM
18. @N0ggie
19. @Shaverrific666
20. @Blackmass
21. @Optometrist
22. @Brianh (money sent)
23. @vates
24. @BlacknTan
25. @The Geordie Shaver
26. Paper Plane (via Wayne)
27. @halvor
28. @Nishy
29. @Ventastic
30. @Poster
31. @Burry

I haven't been around here much in the last few months (life has got in the way a bit) and had missed the fact that Darron is no longer part of the group. I've had the pleasure of dealing with him a few times and without going into details, his generosity and kindness was wonderful. Hope he is as well as possible. Payment sent to @Wayne
 
Last edited:

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
May I just say that we’re almost a year on from the last time many of us contributed to this. Life has changed so much. And yet the generosity displayed here is proof of the kindness that exists in this community, that so many would take the time to make another person’s year that much better. It speaks of the quality and character of you all. Truly.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Gentlemen.
Thanks to your incredible spirit and genorisity we now have a total of £157. 13. As we have to move on to buying, packing and posting I propose stopping the collection now and moving on to the "what the Hell do we buy now?" Stage. We have actually eaised £100 more than I anticipated and we can afford something nice. So I will suggest a couple of simple things and throw it open to everyone to have their say.
1. @Northam Saint's Watch and a Voucher of some kind
2. A voucher of some kind, Shaving store, Amazon, etc
3. A new Razor
4. An Engraved Shavemac Brush (If Bernd's time Allows)
5. Amazon Alexa item or similar
They are a few ideas but it is your money and I'm happy to do what I can to facilitate but be mindful Tempus Fugit.
Go!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Thanks Wayno, a little something sent. Apologies it’s not much but I’m happy to have contributed.

Edit: definitely #1 and #4 in my opinion.
Thank you. The amount isn't important mate, sending some love is and you have done that and I thank you for it.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
IMO 1 & 2 or 4 are great ideas. However, we want need to know if the watch is remotely close to Fox's taste. Getting a watch as a gift that you hate is a crappy situation to be in. :)
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Missed the contributions - would happily throw a few more quid in - but what about a (digital?) art commission of something Wickham 1912-related? Maybe a play on the logo? (Perhaps see if Mrs P&B would be willing to use her skills in graphic design?).

Have it framed and he can hang it somewhere in the house?
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
IMO 1 & 2 or 4 are great ideas. However, we want need to know if the watch is remotely close to Fox's taste. Getting a watch as a gift that you hate is a crappy situation to be in. :)
Lee, I appreciate that but we are buying a Christmas gift for someone who realistically is just a name on an internet forum. Who knows what his taste is in anything? Does he like Aggressive, Medium, Mild Razors? Synth or Badger Brushes? Aftershaves, Alcohol, It's fair to say whatever we buy, like your Great Aunt Mable buying for you, it's going to be a lottery and whatever we get we aren't going to get it 70% right. It's the nature of the beast. Voucher seems to be the way to go.
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
To be honest I‘m also a bit hesitant with the watch. Some people don‘t use a watch at all. Then it‘s also a matter of taste.
Voucher seems the way to go. Perhaps also, since this is a shaving forum, we could consider a razor of some sort. But then we‘d have to find an overall consensus.... Maybe the Henson? A real innovation and this would leave a large sum for the voucher.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top