Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I find that using the following method for loading blades is quite easy:

1. Place top cap on a soft cloth on a flat surface.
2. Drop blade onto it.
3. Drop the bottom plate into place.
4. Screw on the handle.

Saves me worrying about dropping the razor head over the sink and damaging it. :)
This works, too! I'm just lazier than you so I use my hand as the cloth. Or maybe there's something to having hundreds of Vectors on hand in case I screw mine up.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I always leave the blade in mine, just loosen the head half a turn so some air can get in if necessary and then I give the head a proper clean when changing the blade so roughly every 7-10 days.
I do the same. And one of the cool parts of the Vector is that the narrow post fits into the base plate and blade such that it prevents any part of the assembly from rotating. So if you unscrew the handle a bit, the blade and base plate still remain aligned even if the blade posts are fully removed from the base plate. That makes tightening it back up a little simpler than with other SE razors with cylindrical threaded posts which have the tendency for parts to rotate relative to one another if you unscrew the handle a bit.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
Well, the 2nd shave with the Vector was pretty damn good. I made sure the
Extro had lots of water and took my time. Such an easy razor to use, very manoeuvrable, and the long head made swift work of the little stubble I had since I used it yesterday. Not a perfect shave, but the closest 2 pass shave I've ever had!
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
This is in stock on Maggards, I cancelled my order on Karve Aluminium, seriously considering a Vector, the design is incredible. Apart from looks, is there much difference between polished and machined? @Stonec0ld I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts as you get used to the razor.
 

MrTooDamnGood

Active Member
Had my first shave with the vector and it gave me the smoothest shave I've ever had since I've started wet shaving. The wider head resulted is less strokes which were the smoothest I've ever experienced. Closer to the end of the shave I found that I was starting to find the perfect angle. Until the second shave.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
@Blackland Razors

If you need someone to test a Brass Vector, I’ll buy one, if it breaks it’s on me... 😉
I appreciate the offer! Of course, I'd never have a tester pay for a razor.

I don't think we'll wind up making these in brass. Two reasons for that: First, brass doesn't sell all that well. Second, and most importantly, I'm about 90% sure that brass is too soft for the narrow center post to be reliable. I'm concerned about its vulnerability to both bending and cross-threading, neither of which are an issue with stainless (and hopefully Ti).

Edited due to poor reading comprehension.
 
Last edited:

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
This might sound like a proper stupid question. This is my first SE Razor and I've got a question about the blades. This there a correct way up for the blades or can they be used anyway up? .guessing they can as I've used 3 times and had no issues but just wanted to check.
 
Top