Just the slightest amount to assist in blade insertion/removal.Do the blades jut out a little at the back side edge?
Just the slightest amount to assist in blade insertion/removal.Do the blades jut out a little at the back side edge?
Thanks, I thought that was the reason. I’m sure if the blade was flush it would be a devil to get out when wet.Just the slightest amount to assist in blade insertion/removal.
Most cases should fit just fine, but they will have a somewhat loose fitting around the head as the Vector is so low profile in that regard compared to just about any other razor.Any suggestions for a travel case/pouch for the Vector? Single edge razors typically fit into double edge cases?

If you'd be willing to take some measurements etc.. I'm sure Dale @stormcrowuk would be able to make you a custom one.Most cases should fit just fine, but they will have a somewhat loose fitting around the head as the Vector is so low profile in that regard compared to just about any other razor.
I've been using a generic Parker DE one which seems good as it’s at least wide enough at the top and has a snug fit for the handle.
Here’s some pictures:
View attachment 66789
View attachment 66790
View attachment 66791
For me if @Blackland sold a bespoke pouch / case I’d probably snap one up![]()
Hey now there is an idea! I wonder if enough people would be interested in one to make it worth having a small batch of them produced too...If you'd be willing to take some measurements etc.. I'm sure Dale @stormcrowuk would be able to make you a custom one.
Thanks, the Parker cases were the ones I was looking at in particular.Most cases should fit just fine, but they will have a somewhat loose fitting around the head as the Vector is so low profile in that regard compared to just about any other razor.
I've been using a generic Parker DE one which seems good as it’s at least wide enough at the top and has a snug fit for the handle.
Here’s some pictures:
View attachment 66789
View attachment 66790
View attachment 66791
For me if @Blackland sold a bespoke pouch / case I’d probably snap one up![]()
Just out of interest, why did you order from Maggards?I'm getting excited, I ordered a Vector from Maggard's and I just got a notification from Royal Mail that it's cleared customs at Heathrow and is on it's way. Since I started using an aluminium ATT SE1 I've pretty much abandoned DE razors so i'm looking forward to giving the Vector a go.
How long did it take to arrive if you don't mind me asking? I've been waiting over a month for a delivery from Rudy Vey.I'm getting excited, I ordered a Vector from Maggard's and I just got a notification from Royal Mail that it's cleared customs at Heathrow and is on it's way. Since I started using an aluminium ATT SE1 I've pretty much abandoned DE razors so i'm looking forward to giving the Vector a go.
Probably for the same reason all of us on this side of the pond like Maggards. Lower price shipping and the other benefit.Just out of interest, why did you order from Maggards?
It's on the ever-growing list!For me if @Blackland sold a bespoke pouch / case I’d probably snap one up![]()
If Maggards is offering wink-worthy benefits I might have to order a Vector there, too, just to find out.Probably for the same reason all of us on this side of the pond like Maggards. Lower price shipping and the other benefit.![]()
I've ordered from them a few times and their service has always been good plus I've never been hit with customs/handling charges. The customs thing is probably complete luck of the draw stuffJust out of interest, why did you order from Maggards?

It was dispatched on the 3rd of April, according to the USPS tracking website it seemed to get delayed at a transfer airport in Tokyo oddly.How long did it take to arrive if you don't mind me asking? I've been waiting over a month for a delivery from Rudy Vey.
Is it a secret? My curiosity has been piqued ...Probably for the same reason all of us on this side of the pond like Maggards. Lower price shipping and the other benefit.![]()