Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

sonofgaladriel

Senior Member
First shave with the Vector this morning and it wasn't as great as I'd hoped. Perhaps I was expecting too much and was too eager. Likely user error. I'll give it a few more shaves before final decision.
I'm using what was labeled a KAI Captain Titan Mild, which I assumed was a mild blade.
Is there a better one for me to try of those pictured below?
Of course this polished Vector is absolutely beautiful, top notch workmanship. Although I still felt the sharp head corners a few times that were a complaint on earlier models which I thought were fixed on later productions.
20200229_102242.jpg
 

WildVieLong

Forum GOD!
I have learned that for me it takes a couple of weeks of daily or near daily use with a razor to adapt to it and become efficient with it. Give it some time and try the other blades. Don't toss the blades as you switch. You may find them to be relatively the same, well, that tells you to just spend more time on technique with the razor. If it never gets better then return it. Blackland gives trial period.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
I've used the Vector for every shave but one since receiving it. I also tried using a Feather Pro Super, and it's just not for me, at least not daily use. The Schick Proline has a synergy with the Vector that just works for me. I have three P-30 dispensers on the way from Japan.

The ti Stork handle works terrifically for me with the Vector as well; it is lighter than stock, but that wasn't really a goal or anything. TBC, the stock handle is wonderful. I just prefer knurling and the flair at the end of this handle is convenient for pivoting on my pinky.

 

sonofgaladriel

Senior Member
I've used the Vector for every shave but one since receiving it. I also tried using a Feather Pro Super, and it's just not for me, at least not daily use. The Schick Proline has a synergy with the Vector that just works for me. I have three P-30 dispensers on the way from Japan.

The ti Stork handle works terrifically for me with the Vector as well; it is lighter than stock, but that wasn't really a goal or anything. TBC, the stock handle is wonderful. I just prefer knurling and the flair at the end of this handle is convenient for pivoting on my pinky.

I'm thinking of doing the same 3 pack of Schick P-30 order from Japan Rakuten. I can't get a shipping estimate though before being asked for my credit card, which I'm a bit hesitant to do. Would you mind sharing what shipping costs were to you?
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
The ti Stork handle works terrifically
That handle is very tradere-like. I remember when selling off my Tradere back in the day, I missed the handle sorely afterwards. A lovely combination you have there, although in Ti it’s probably a bit too light for my taste.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
That handle is very tradere-like. I remember when selling off my Tradere back in the day, I missed the handle sorely afterwards. A lovely combination you have there, although in Ti it’s probably a bit too light for my taste.
Yep, truth be told, it being Tradere-esque is what drew me to it (I am crushing hard on the upcoming Blackland Tradere release).
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
I said on another forum, and I mean it: I am so enthralled by the Vector specifically, and SE in general, that if Wolfman called my name from the order list right now, I don't think I'd place the order; I'd pass. I can't get myself to use DE very much these days, I think 5 times in the last month (and I shave 6 days/week).

 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I said on another forum, and I mean it: I am so enthralled by the Vector specifically, and SE in general, that if Wolfman called my name from the order list right now, I don't think I'd place the order; I'd pass. I can't get myself to use DE very much these days, I think 5 times in the last month (and I shave 6 days/week).

Awesome news! I’m so glad to hear that. Quite a few customers have made similar comments to me about the Vector making them quit DEs. :)
 
Top