I finally get round to posting my long overdue thoughts on the Vector.
Many years ago, I was fortunate to buy one of the first batch of King Cobras, which I thought was amazing. The Cobra was slightly too aggressive, but the KC was perfect.
Then came the SS Mongoose, a very capable razor but I felt it lacked something.
Like
@p.b, I closely followed the developments of the Huntlee Katana / Asylum RX, and bought the RX as soon as it came out.
The first one I received didn't fit together properly, but was soon exchanged. I found it too aggressive, to the point where it was unusable.
I've had the Aluminium and SS versions of the General which are both excellent. I would have been happy to stick with the SS version, but then the Vector was announced.
I managed to pick one up from BST a few weeks ago and have been using it on and off since. I did mange to use it exclusively for 3 weeks, but I missed the Blackbird and had to go back to that for a few shaves.
The Vector is amazing. The best AC type razor I have used by far, bar none. The aggression is perfect for me. Paired with a Schick Proline, I can get fuss free BBS results in a couple of passes without even trying. It is forgiving and I find I don't have to concentrate to hard like I have had to with other AC razors.
I found the handle a little too slim, but fortunately my favourite handle, the Ikon OSS fits perfectly. I'm a little worried about damaging the post on the top cap as it's quite slim.
I still get caught out by the sharp corners every now and then and unfortunately I don't trust myself to file them down. Guess I'll get used to them.
Some have said the Paradigm shaves better, but I can't really see how that's possible. Regardless, I am not in the slightest bit tempted to get one. In fact, the King Cobra will be going on BST in at some point I the new year.
Well done Shane, another amazing razor.