celestino
Forum GOD!
Thank you. I hadn't noticed that.You sure you‘re not looking in CAD?

Thank you. I hadn't noticed that.You sure you‘re not looking in CAD?

Glad that got sorted out! We've recently added the ability for customers to browse and purchase in their country's currency. Our prices haven't changed lately.Thank you. I hadn't noticed that.![]()
Thanks, Shane. Hadn't realized you had made that adjustment on your site.Glad that got sorted out! We've recently added the ability for customers to browse and purchase in their country's currency. Our prices haven't changed lately.

You’re a tough critic Carlo!@Holyzeus you can't possibly say it's a BAD RAZOR
Full disclosure, it is so ugly that I don't even want to try it. Sorry guys, don't want to spoil your party
Try corking that Feather blade before its first use. That should make the first and future shaves with the blade super smooth right outta the gate.An update with my Blackland Osprey on this cold & crisp Saturday morning. Went with the normal set up that has worked with consistent effectiveness from shave to shave and that has been starting it at about #7. Worked my way down to #5 for a near flawless shave. I say near flawless as I did give myself a couple of weepers with a fresh Feather blade that brings the Osprey to a more acute level of cutting ability. And if one thinks or acts like they have an Astra SP or similar blade in it like I did, the Feather will remind you that it’s not one of those blades. No irritation or discomfort which is always welcome and as some of you may know and have used a Feather blade, it does get smoother after that initial shave. Well, at least for me it does. I’m still tinkering with different blades but, so far the Gillette Minora’s have been the best in providing excellent smoothness with a combined sharpness that works for my shaves. Granted that I’ve only used 3 different blades but, I’ll get a few more in just to settle on 3 blades that will work best in the Osprey.
Great shaves to all…
View attachment 142761
I do that with Artist Club blades, specifically the Feather Pro Super & the Dovo shavette blades. I’ve never had to do that with Feather de blades as I’ve mostly used them in milder or minimal blade feel razors where the harshnesses is practically nonexistent. I just didn’t happen to take that into account with the Osprey and is a lapse in shave judgement on my end.Try corking that Feather blade before its first use. That should make the first and future shaves with the blade super smooth right outta the gate.

ok, I'll show my ass here...... What is corking a blade?I do that with Artist Club blades, specifically the Feather Pro Super & the Dovo shavette blades. I’ve never had to do that with Feather de blades as I’ve mostly used them in milder or minimal blade feel razors where the harshnesses is practically nonexistent. I just didn’t happen to take that into account with the Osprey and is a lapse in shave judgement on my end.
![]()
Thanks a lot for these detailed reviews. I have shared this thread with a couple of my friends who are looking at getting the ospreyA very satisfying shave this evening with the Osprey & Feather combo. Two straight days of shaving, yesterday and today where I simply decided to leave it at about setting 4.5 and just went for 2 ATG passes for each shave. Blade feel was minimal but, cutting action was superb and comfort was up there with some of the best in recent memory. Easy and near almost automatic as the Osprey has become more of an extension of a shave as muscle memory starts to kick in. The shaves get more natural & intuitive just as it would with any other razor one might have.
Every shave that I‘ve put in with the Osprey further cements my thinking that not only does it have Blackland pedigree but, it can arguably be the best razor in Blackland’s stable. I know, this could be heresy to many Blackland Blackbird owners as those same users consider it to be not only Blackland’s best razor but, arguably the best razor ever. I’m still new into the Osprey journey and I won’t place it atop of the Blackland razor pedestal just yet but, so far the Osprey has surely proven that it can remove whiskers with the best of them from any artisan maker today.
Great shaves to all….
View attachment 142896
What is corking a blade?Try corking that Feather blade before its first use. That should make the first and future shaves with the blade super smooth right outta the gate.
You pull the blade through a cork. I don‘t do it myself but it apparently makes the first use of a blade a bit smoother.What is corking a blade?