Blackland Adjustable DE Razor

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Back with the Osprey set to #7 and oh so nice! A comfortable yet very satisfying shave that was done in 2.5 passes. BBS finish everywhere except for a couple of stragglers left & right of the Adam’s Apple area. Didn’t feel like chasing them this afternoon so called it quits right there and then. I left the setting alone and finished it at #7 with no disturbance of any kind on the skin and just 2 tiny weepers on the chin that were gone with a cold water splash & alum pass. Great suds from the Ethos Rosa that gave great protection, glide and residual slickness galore. The Osprey just hummed along over the lather with silky smooth action. I’m going to run the Osprey the rest of the month and try a few blades in it just to see what works and what doesn’t.

Really a lovely shave. Great shaves to all…

7C607008-B329-4525-8CA7-1AE715E49E96.jpeg
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Really good shaves this week with the Osprey. I’ve settled in between 4-8 on the adjustment dial for any particular phase of my daily shave routine. Smooth and consistent shaves every time regardless of what stage of the shave I’m in. I used a Feather this morning set on #6 for the first time and it offered excellent cutting ability with no harshness of any kind. Turned it down to #5 then #4.5 for each subsequent pass and the feel on skin was just superb. I was kind of surprised on how docile the Feather feels in the Osprey but, it still offers top notch cutting ability while keeping that bitey feel down to a very low minimum. Really a good shave this morning.

Great shaves to all….

F6EB4921-6AD8-400C-9917-607AF450A56C.jpeg
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Sunday morning is a moment or day that represents to me the pinnacle for a potential sublime shave. First, I give thanks to The Almighty. Next, I hit my brewer for a steaming hot cup of coffee that is to come. Then, I gather my gear for the shave that’s about to begin. A quick hot shower, dry up and then pour myself a cup of that fabulous eye opening black elixir as I trudge back to my shave den. I get down to business and proceed to scoop out some soap, grab the brush to build a luscious lather and promptly paint it on my mug. For a moment I take in all the scents & aromas that swirl around in my den, appreciating every single note and nuance that it all brings about. I like simplicity and though shaving can be tedious or complex for some, I find it straightforward, routinely basic and a personal indulgence that I never will tire of. Simple. Men in general don’t need much to be content. Put the steel to skin and just proceeded to remove whiskers stroke after stroke. WTG, ATG & XTG passes were executed to near perfection. The Osprey with the same Feather and from yesterday performed marvelously as I set it at #6.5 or thereabouts for all 3 passes. No buffing, no pick ups were needed once I laid down the Osprey on my bathroom sink. Not a single weeper, not a nic nor an inkling of irritation to be felt or seen. Calm, smooth and buttery soft skin was all that was left in my hands to behold. An alum pass, cold water rinse and a quick splash of the after shave to seal the deal. Grabbed my almost empty cup of wake up potion and poured myself another.

A fabulous sunrise, the perfect shave and a good cup of coffee. I want nor need anything more. Well, maybe bacon & scrambled eggs with some sliced avocado wedges to get the taste buds going. Did I mention that it’s NFL Sunday, too? That’s almost religion here in the States.

Great shaves to all….

0931DD03-2B3C-4EFE-8FEF-F10ED771C272.jpeg
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
An update with my Blackland Osprey on this cold & crisp Saturday morning. Went with the normal set up that has worked with consistent effectiveness from shave to shave and that has been starting it at about #7. Worked my way down to #5 for a near flawless shave. I say near flawless as I did give myself a couple of weepers with a fresh Feather blade that brings the Osprey to a more acute level of cutting ability. And if one thinks or acts like they have an Astra SP or similar blade in it like I did, the Feather will remind you that it’s not one of those blades. No irritation or discomfort which is always welcome and as some of you may know and have used a Feather blade, it does get smoother after that initial shave. Well, at least for me it does. I’m still tinkering with different blades but, so far the Gillette Minora’s have been the best in providing excellent smoothness with a combined sharpness that works for my shaves. Granted that I’ve only used 3 different blades but, I’ll get a few more in just to settle on 3 blades that will work best in the Osprey.

Great shaves to all…

BF0E7C0C-0CDB-4445-BE0F-6CE942A84583.jpeg
 

basher

Active Member
An update with my Blackland Osprey on this cold & crisp Saturday morning. Went with the normal set up that has worked with consistent effectiveness from shave to shave and that has been starting it at about #7. Worked my way down to #5 for a near flawless shave. I say near flawless as I did give myself a couple of weepers with a fresh Feather blade that brings the Osprey to a more acute level of cutting ability. And if one thinks or acts like they have an Astra SP or similar blade in it like I did, the Feather will remind you that it’s not one of those blades. No irritation or discomfort which is always welcome and as some of you may know and have used a Feather blade, it does get smoother after that initial shave. Well, at least for me it does. I’m still tinkering with different blades but, so far the Gillette Minora’s have been the best in providing excellent smoothness with a combined sharpness that works for my shaves. Granted that I’ve only used 3 different blades but, I’ll get a few more in just to settle on 3 blades that will work best in the Osprey.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 142761
Try corking that Feather blade before its first use. That should make the first and future shaves with the blade super smooth right outta the gate.
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Try corking that Feather blade before its first use. That should make the first and future shaves with the blade super smooth right outta the gate.
I do that with Artist Club blades, specifically the Feather Pro Super & the Dovo shavette blades. I’ve never had to do that with Feather de blades as I’ve mostly used them in milder or minimal blade feel razors where the harshnesses is practically nonexistent. I just didn’t happen to take that into account with the Osprey and is a lapse in shave judgement on my end.

:cheers:
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
A very satisfying shave this evening with the Osprey & Feather combo. Two straight days of shaving, yesterday and today where I simply decided to leave it at about setting 4.5 and just went for 2 ATG passes for each shave. Blade feel was minimal but, cutting action was superb and comfort was up there with some of the best in recent memory. Easy and near almost automatic as the Osprey has become more of an extension of a shave as muscle memory starts to kick in. The shaves get more natural & intuitive just as it would with any other razor one might have.

Every shave that I‘ve put in with the Osprey further cements my thinking that not only does it have Blackland pedigree but, it can arguably be the best razor in Blackland’s stable. I know, this could be heresy to many Blackland Blackbird owners as those same users consider it to be not only Blackland’s best razor but, arguably the best razor ever. I’m still new into the Osprey journey and I won’t place it atop of the Blackland razor pedestal just yet but, so far the Osprey has surely proven that it can remove whiskers with the best of them from any artisan maker today.

Great shaves to all….

8539412A-27E5-4967-AD36-5F72546DA2A0.jpeg
 

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
I do that with Artist Club blades, specifically the Feather Pro Super & the Dovo shavette blades. I’ve never had to do that with Feather de blades as I’ve mostly used them in milder or minimal blade feel razors where the harshnesses is practically nonexistent. I just didn’t happen to take that into account with the Osprey and is a lapse in shave judgement on my end.

:cheers:
ok, I'll show my ass here...... What is corking a blade?
 
A very satisfying shave this evening with the Osprey & Feather combo. Two straight days of shaving, yesterday and today where I simply decided to leave it at about setting 4.5 and just went for 2 ATG passes for each shave. Blade feel was minimal but, cutting action was superb and comfort was up there with some of the best in recent memory. Easy and near almost automatic as the Osprey has become more of an extension of a shave as muscle memory starts to kick in. The shaves get more natural & intuitive just as it would with any other razor one might have.

Every shave that I‘ve put in with the Osprey further cements my thinking that not only does it have Blackland pedigree but, it can arguably be the best razor in Blackland’s stable. I know, this could be heresy to many Blackland Blackbird owners as those same users consider it to be not only Blackland’s best razor but, arguably the best razor ever. I’m still new into the Osprey journey and I won’t place it atop of the Blackland razor pedestal just yet but, so far the Osprey has surely proven that it can remove whiskers with the best of them from any artisan maker today.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 142896
Thanks a lot for these detailed reviews. I have shared this thread with a couple of my friends who are looking at getting the osprey
 
Top