Bath Soap Recommendations?

Grarea

Forum Plod
We found that the Lush Jason & the Argon oil was terrific for hair.
I can't believe how long it lasts either. I mean, it just lasts ages.
I didn't find it as great for the body, but good enough eh?

I am a bit boring when it comes to scents.
I find most a little irritating, so i quite like a simple smell.
I don't have the most hair in the world, but I am liking monsavon au lait soap as a daily all over soap.
(Including hair). Don't know what it would be like with loads of hair.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Lush make some very nice shampoo bars. Admittedly, some are a little quirky but the £2.50 tin is handy when travelling.
https://uk.lush.com/products/shampoo-bars
I've actually had one of those Lush bars years ago, I just think they are little over priced, gimmicky and a little childish/girly?
If the performance is good then I may be I'll try it again....
What about the Olive Oil and Alleppo (sp) soaps anyone tried those?

Grarea

Forum Plod
I've actually had one of those Lush bars years ago, I just think they are little over priced, gimmicky and a little childish/girly?
I haven't tried that one.
But I agree with you.
They do smell absolutely delicious, but probably a bit sweet for me generally.
I also thought that they were overpriced, but boy it lasts.
Long hair used daily and it has lasted about three months so far. (I actually think it is four months. With at least a month to go)
It is actually excellent value for money. (Only used for hair though) Cheaper than bottled gunk eh?
(This one is the only one I have tried)

Oh, I found the mechanic one was a good body soap. It lasted well as well, but it tried to stain the grouting in the shower.
Oh, and I found the seaweed one not very soapy. I found it hard work to get a lather.
(I grated it in with a Monsavon one and used it for hand soap)

The goatsmilkcompany was the all round favourite here.
Actually, I liked the body soap for hair for that one as well.
(body ones seem to do hair, hair ones not so good at body)
The scents are quite weak, and i think they are excellent.
But the monsavon was cheaper. And pretty darn good.

Acer89

James
I did mention some were a little quirky. I suppose either the cinnamon or the olive is more blokeish. They do last a long time. The only downside is Lush have a habit of frequently changing the range so I haven't tried any of the current offerings.

Years ago Lush made an excellent but expensive shave cream based on Neroli. That was discontinued and reformulated. The current offering is pants in comparison.

Dr Watson

James
Wrights coal tar soap was my go to for a long time, tried a few from L'Occitane but found them to be expensive, average performing and short lasting. Being a fan of 4711 I picked up a couple of these recently and its really nice stuff, creamy, non-drying and has a lovely clean sweet citrus scent (sweeter than the Cologne to my nose.)

halvor

a most elusive fish
Another shoutout to Wickham. Fabulous bath soap, lovely scent (Cashmere) and tops on moisturising.

Not available yet, but must be around the corner, eh, Darron? @Fox

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
There's a big new TK Maxx opening near us soon so I'm checking in on this thread to refresh the memory as a few high end bits and bobs sometimes pop up in their stores. The 4711 soap looks very nice.

Lann

Forum GOD!
Given my love of Wickham's I can see a few of Darron's bath soaps winging their way to me...going to have to send him a pm to find out when they are due to be released

bandito

Ex-Addict
I previously used Musgo Real, and more recently MWF, but I'm currently exploring the assorted fragrances of Nesti Dante - so far I love both the Cypress and Villages & Monasteries - the first being a lovely coniferous fragrance, the second being a lovely, mild incense.

I'd highly recommend trying them out - they're better value than both MWF and Musgo, last longer, and IMO perform at least as well, if not better. Readily available on Amazon (what isn't these days!)

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Beekman 1802 Fresh Air goat milk bar soap, which I discovered at a B&B. I love the fragrance and skin care. The 9 oz. bar is too big for my hand, so I'll cut it in half.