Bath Soap Recommendations?

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I was going to write Mitchell's ... but in light of what @Darkbulb has just posted, I'd say Wickham's ... blind. I have no doubt that @Fox will have come up with a stonking bath soap. I'm now on the hunt myself. Damn it! I'll have to bathe more ...

Darkbulb

Member #10
I was going to write Mitchell's ... but in light of what @Darkbulb has just posted, I'd say Wickham's ... blind. I have no doubt that @Fox will have come up with a stonking bath soap. I'm now on the hunt myself. Damn it! I'll have to bathe more ...
Darn, now I have to write a review of it lol

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
Didn't want to recommend it until I'd used it a few times but Indian Mysore Sandalwood soap is very nice. A hard soap with a strong smell as you use it which remains as a softer smell afterwards. Available on ebay and amazon, I took a punt and bought 10 75gm bars for £8.00. Now it seems like a great decision.
tmp_2901-mysore-sandal-soap-1053203435.jpg

Darkbulb

Member #10
Didn't want to recommend it until I'd used it a few times but Indian Mysore Sandalwood soap is very nice. A hard soap with a strong smell as you use it which remains as a softer smell afterwards. Available on ebay and amazon, I took a punt and bought 10 75gm bars for £8.00. Now it seems like a great decision.View attachment 1260
Thanks, I think I've had that soap in my Amazon wish list for 6 months to a year w/out pulling the trigger on it. I might check it out now.

Acer89

James
Bronnley soaps are very nice and you can often find them heavily discounted

An aromatic experience for men, fresh top notes of bergamot, Italian lemon and neroli give way to a herbal and mossy heart. A wild mint twist adds a subtle freshness complemented by a woody base of amber, cedar and vetivert.
o3.jpg

I also agree with @Uncle Bertie the Indian Mysore Sandalwood soap is good. It's a bit strong at first but settles into a very pleasant lasting fragrance. It's also inexpensive. £8 for 10x 75g bars from fleabay.

81m.jpg

Gordy

Legendary Member
Tabac Original Luxury Soap
Great scent, I found it sweeter than the shave soap and non drying too.
Funny you should mention Tabac and sweetness. After I shaved with Spitfire today, I splashed on Tabac and for the first time I got sweetness from it. Must have been the more bitter end of tobacco in the Spitfire.

Reevers

Berlin Calling
Funny you should mention Tabac and sweetness. After I shaved with Spitfire today, I splashed on Tabac and for the first time I got sweetness from it. Must have been the more bitter end of tobacco in the Spitfire.
Slightly off OP topic, but I have a sample of P&B Spitfire incoming. Really looking forward to this soap.

Gordy

Legendary Member
Slightly off OP topic, but I have a sample of P&B Spitfire incoming. Really looking forward to this soap.
Hope you love it even half as much as I do. If at first scent it doesn't take you, it's a complex scent that develops and you'll get something slightly different each time you take a sniff.

Redd

A Right Member
Hope you love it even half as much as I do. If at first scent it doesn't take you, it's a complex scent that develops and you'll get something slightly different each time you take a sniff.
Performance I liked, the scent (to me) is too Juniper-y.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Are any of these soaps suitable for hair washing too? Wouldn't mind a nice soap to leave in the gym bag...