RussellR5555
Forum GOD!
Ha ha you threw me wasn't expecting a gaelic referencego raibh maith agat

Last edited:
Ha ha you threw me wasn't expecting a gaelic referencego raibh maith agat

They always do that. Sometimes you get a free pen or a funky paper clip too.These arrived today from Cult Pens, thanks to me having been led astray by certain ATG member.
The sweets were a cute touch.
steve
View attachment 75421

Cult Pens are addictive...its pure stationary pornThey always do that. Sometimes you get a free pen or a funky paper clip too.
It's a good brush for the money, lathers even hard soap like it's nothing. Can also scoop up half a tub of softer croaps and creams without intending to. Ultimately, I found it a bit too prickly and skritchy for my liking and it had deteriorated around the edges after around 4 years of frequent use, so I ended up replacing it, but if they'd make a version with softer tips, I'd get one. Still, a good brush.Last week I shaved twice with a boar brush (Omega N0. 102 and No. 98), after couple of years of continuously using synth brushes.
I am even more convinced that synths are easier to use, simpler to maintain, and peform better.
So en route to the office earlier this am, I stopped at a local vendor and picked up this one:
Knot is reportedly 27mm dia., and I measure the loft (approximately, with a ruler) to be 60mm, measured off the top of the black plastic collar.
I have been continuously using the Omega No. 49 synth, in black handle, for the past 2-3 months - and that one possesses a bit denser knot (reportedly 28mm dia.) and I can't recall the loft length off the top of my head now. For a change I wanted something in white, white does not keep/trap energy as black colour does, and this is important.
I had tried these brushes (this handle shown in the picture) years back as I owned the black one with boar bristles, and I know that with this model Omega sets the knot with slightly reduced density (as opposed to Nos. 48, 49, 102, and 98) while at the same time they do increase the loft length-wise. So in its boar (but also synth) versions this particular model makes a case for those who prefer a slightly longer handle, longer loft, and slighly less dense brush.

That's pretty small for a spaceship landing platform.After my Amazon order was cancelled, I succeeded in finding this in York Cameras. I knew it was pocket sized but hadn’t realised it was this pocket sized.
steveView attachment 75462

What's that Adjustable razor in the top pic? I've never seen one of those before.Ordered last night, AliExpress has a nearly site-wide sale:
![]()
![]()
![]()
I hope it isn't a 3D render, I just found it last night, might be a new OEM:What's that Adjustable razor in the top pic? I've never seen one of those before.
That looks cool. There's some interesting things coming out of ChinaI hope it isn't a 3D render, I just found it last night, might be a new OEM:
I also found another interesting new-ish designs last night but didn't get it:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001309169717.html (dual aggression baseplate looking kind of like a Rockwell 6C with the baseplate cut in half)
and https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001325386720.html (almost got it for the stand, as I reckon it could fit the Occam's razor)