August 2020 Acquisitions

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
As writing instruments appear to be popular with many folks, here is today's delivery. A stock picture as my Blackberry isn't really up to the snuff to showcase this beautiful pen. Admittedly not an original design but this Chinese Moon Man eyedropper pen is easy to get delivered here from China at reasonable postage.
Ordered in Medium nib that writes somewhere in between western fine and medium. Run a bit wet so I am hoping it doesn't burp too much like eyedroppers tend to. Cap cannot be posted and barrel is beveled bit flat to prevent rolling off. Nib and feed housing is kind of meh from design aesthetic point of view but at $20 I am not whining on it. Nothing fancy for ink here as I mostly use Aurora Black and Lamy.
Hard to get past "Moonman, feel the temperature of writing!" on the box :laugh:

moon.jpg
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
As writing instruments appear to be popular with many folks, here is today's delivery. A stock picture as my Blackberry isn't really up to the snuff to showcase this beautiful pen. Admittedly not an original design but this Chinese Moon Man eyedropper pen is easy to get delivered here from China at reasonable postage.
Ordered in Medium nib that writes somewhere in between western fine and medium. Run a bit wet so I am hoping it doesn't burp too much like eyedroppers tend to. Cap cannot be posted and barrel is beveled bit flat to prevent rolling off. Nib and feed housing is kind of meh from design aesthetic point of view but at $20 I am not whining on it. Nothing fancy for ink here as I mostly use Aurora Black and Lamy.
Hard to get past "Moonman, feel the temperature of writing!" on the box :laugh:

View attachment 75356
I do like these Chinese to English translations, some are very funny.
 

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Are those Tanifuji razors worth searching for? They are beautiful for sure. What is their usual price bracket?
Hi Vates

I am not really qualified to answer , as it is my first one honed it tonight and it took a wonderful edge, it is a beautiful piece of steel and they have a very good reputation.
 

vates

Legendary Member
GRMA!

I've been offered one for EUR 80. Trying to understand whether it's a good deal.
The prices for these are all over the board.
 
Top