Anyone losing interest?

gwsmallwood

Legendary Member
I treat it just like anything else in life. There are times of fasting and times of feasting. I do no-buys every once in a while and it helps my interest to build up again while I spend some time enjoying the stuff I already have. I did a full year once. While doing that I build up some budget and do some research to strategically plan out my feasting period.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
I still enjoy the craic on here and will buy/try new stuff if it takes my fancy... I'm not at all interested in soaps any more; I know what I like and nothing is going to beat what I use in performance or scent. And the prices of the new soaps are just ridiculous..
Brushes I just my Dad to make.
I like trying but EdTs, but I'm not into expensive designer brands...
What soaps are you using Lee? I need some enabling as I'm running out of steam a bit. :sleep:
 
Absolutely nothing wrong with some of the "Classic" soaps and creams. Many people can get sidetracked by the latest and greatest artisan offerings but it's always nice to revisit the "Classics".

I actually used Cyril R Salter Soap the other day, and while it doesn't contain three thousand "butters" and "oils" it made a perfectly good lather. Scent is completely inoffensive (mild lavender) and post shave was perfectly fine. This is a £4 soap don't forget. I seem to remember Erasmic soap was pretty decent too.
I think for new shavers they should look at soaps like that, Speick, Tabac, Monsavon, Vitos ect..otherwise it can be an absolute minefield. There are tons of others too.
It's funny to think that when I started wet shaving, in terms of software it was TOBS or Proraso that were highly lauded. Funny old game.
 
Last edited:

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I’m hoping Brian adds a mint soap to his line-up, ideally with tea-tree.
Eboracum is probably the closest thing to it at the minute:

 
Top