Anyone losing interest?

Brianh

Forum GOD!
Cedrus atlantica is a subspecies under Cedrus libani, apparently "All Cedrus species share a sweet, rather citrus-like scent" I am unfamiliar with it.

I am referring to actual wood, so if you say "it smells like..." then I assume you mean the actual smell that folks would be familiar with, not some packaged oil product. I have no experience with essential oils.
I only use the essential oils. More expensive but “better” in my opinion. Fragrance manufacturers can create all sorts of versions of “notes”. The best person to explain the actual smell of the wood would be a woodworker or wood turner.
 

allmightu

Active Member
I think for most people, the goal of this hobby should be to strive for improvement - try gear that you can learn something from (e.g. open comb vs close comb, short vs long handle, level of aggression etc.). Once you optimize, learn what works great for you, you don't need to buy every new razor, brush that comes out. So the hobby plateaus and you're content with you're content with your endgame items. Many people just buy and try stuff, but we need to understand why we like what we do and not just hoard items. At least for me the goal is not to have every single Simpsons brush or Razorock razor, but to get educated and find my endgame experience.
 

1964geo

Forum GOD!
I've been de shaving 44 years. Up till a couple of years ago I was just using vintage razors. TOBS sandalwood and a Kent silver tip. Sold all my gear and started a new journey with modern stainless steel razors. Artisan soaps, synthetic and boar brushes. Gave my shaving a new lease of life.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I’m still new to DE shaving and using proper soap and cream. So, no, not yet. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. I have moved into a slow down in purchasing phase thou. I’m happy to enjoy what I have currently and to share that with you fine folk. Wherever you find yourself I can appreciate it for what it is and get value from your experience. So, thank you.
 
Top