Anbody use a dashcam?

I really ought to sort one out, I keep meaning to but just don't seem to get around to it. I had an accident with a cyclist over 3 years ago which had no witnesses and dragged on and on, a Dashcam would have cleared me. Only last week had a very close thing with another vehicle and back on my mind again. When I have checked them out the Blackvues are always what I would/should get.

bambrit

Forum GOD!
After someone recently tried to back up into me while stopped at traffic light and what I suspect was an attempt at accident fraud, I have decided to outfit all my household vehicles with dash cams this Christmas. I read that for around $100 on Amazon, VIOFO A119 V2 Dash Camera is a good option. My main concern is that its been available for 18 months already and technology today moves at lightning speed. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
I bought 3 FalconZero dashcams for all of our cars. One of them with the separate GPS sensor (records location, speed, etc.) for my daughter's car.
All record flawless HD video (no audio, thank God!). Only records forward though. I need to think of a solution to record the back of the car.

bambrit

Forum GOD!
I need to think of a solution to record the back of the car.
I thought of this too but in Alberta, Canada, vehicles don't require a front plate and like most places, if you drive into the back of someone, you're always at fault. I could see it useful if someone was to bump and cause damage while street parking, but is there other reasons for a rear-view that I am not considering?

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
Well, I imagine that the whole purpose of any dashcam is to record video evidence of any crime or accident whether your vehicle is involved or not.
I know that a lot of lorries (big trucks) have video surveillance systems which record forward/behind/sides.

I bit the bullet and fitted a Garmin 55 plus the kit to wire into the fusebox. Seems to work very well, I feel more "protected" than before.