3D printed Shaving Bowl

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Right ! I have someone working a redesign of the bowl. I’m also looking at a new printer and one that I can use ABS on. The current bowl is PLA, whilst PLA is biodegradable it does mean a low melt point. This can result in it going temporally soft in hot places or if you use boiling water on it. So the PLA will solve that.

the redesign will mean a slightly bigger bowl once I get a new printer. My friend is looking to remove the brush lip bit making it a straight forward bowl as well as a slightly different swirl pattern in the bottom.

Watch this space.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Right ! I have someone working a redesign of the bowl. I’m also looking at a new printer and one that 8 can use ABS on. The current bowl is PLA, whilst PLA is biodegradable it does mean a low melt point. This can result in it going temporally sifting hot places or if you use boiling water on it. So the PLA will solve that.

the redesign will mean a slightly bigger bowl once I get a new printer. My friend is looking to remove the brush lip bit making it a straight forward bowl as well as a slightly different swirl pattern in the bottom.

Watch this space.
Watching. :cool:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
May take a week or too. BUT ! I may go into production ! PLA is slightly cheaper so I may be able to actually produce and make a small profit. Also my friend is looking to refine it to make a nicer finish.
What intrigued me was your mention of a more straight bowl. I always thought the top of the bowl seemed to narrow inward and I've always had issues with bowls that did that. I like the straighter sides with no real lip, if that makes sense. Otherwise I thought the bowl was perfect based upon the pics of seen. It seems you're on your way to a winner.

Grainman

Forum GOD!
Any more colour change bowls planned? Also, got any sNotrags knocking about? Still carry my original one every day. I'd like to get a small one for my daughter (4) if you're still making them ?
Hi what are sNotrags?? This one is new to me

Hot diggity, That green one's got my name on it, I love it!.
Can you put me down for it?
Hello, new to the forum. I primarily joined to request one of these 3D bowls (any color). If someone could give me advice on how to get one would be much appreciated. I’m still learning how to get around on forums, thanks for everyone’s patience.

Grainman

Forum GOD!
Hello, new to the forum. I primarily joined to request one of these 3D bowls (any color). If someone could give me advice on how to get one would be much appreciated. I’m still learning how to get around on forums, thanks for everyone’s patience.
Contact Northam Saint - his name is Sean. Just bought an excellent 2 colours green fade bowl from him. If he has any left he will show you pics. I said any one of them would do fine. I feel that they are perfect for me as they have a good base rim and an excellent thumb space. They are ribved and textured all the way round the inside of the bowl. My lather has gone crazy since buying this bowl