Your best adjustable...or adjustables. Pics or not, your choice....

jar

Rollin Tumblin
My Gillette long handle Super Adjustable seems to get the most use out of my adjustables. Every once in awhile I look at some of the modern adjustables but the ones I've been using for the last half century just work so well I can't quite justify pulling the trigger.



 
Last edited:

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I've got the Rocwell 2C and a QSahve "futur clone" both in transit as I type. Will be the first adjustable I own. I did enjoy the Schick adjustable I used on the pass-around tho.
 

efsk

Forum GOD!
Of those I've tried, the only adjustable razor I can get along with seems to be the Merkur Progress 800.


Slants adjustable in three diagonal positions for me often are too diagonal in their most extreme setting. Can't shave without cutting.
 

Haiku

Well-Known Member
What is that! Very cool!
It is a Rythmic adjustable razor made by the Davies Company in Scotland in the 1930's. Chrome plated brass. I managed to acquire a pretty much mint example complete with its brown Bakelite box.

Perfectly usable, they take a standard DE blade.

If you click the link that bizzyberry posted, you'll see the a few view of the razor. When you turn the knurled bottom dial to load a blade, the blade bed lowers and then turns. The knurled upper dial adjusts the blade gap.

It was one of my "holy grail" razors. They are as rare as can be.

Yes, it is very cool.
 
Last edited:

kypros

Forum GOD!
I also have a FatBoy, a slim, a Futur a Merkur progress, but the 6S beats them all on plate 6. I might change my mind when the model T comes out as I like adjustability at the turn of a knob, without having to change plates.
 
Top