Will you be stocking up before Brexit?

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
Can you not have it shipped to a mule over the boarder and then have it smuggled in?
So you figured out my UK postal address :laugh:

But seriously, a lot of (UK) made products are made with or including EU ingredients. Think of all those aftershaves & cologne fragrances. I can see prices increasing and even if the deal is excepted by your parliament, it only takes one EU nation to say no and were all 8ollixed!

SpeedyPC

Forum GOD!
No for me, I'll just wait and see what happens as an outsider. If it is a hard exit, keep in mind it takes years to negotiate bilateral free trade agreements so the first couple of years may be a bit rocky. I can out wait that too if necessary.

Bob
As long as you’re Queen enjoy collecting tax money :D

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I'm hoping for a free trade deal with USA will save me a fortune :D
For the US and other non EU countries VAT at 20% and the associated RM £8 collection fee will continue unabated regardless of any free trade arrangements. The only saving will be comparatively insignificant import duty on items over £135, so basically don't spend it all at once

Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Many global economies would suffer disastrous GDP crashes if British wet-shavers were unable to purchase their necessities at their current prices. U.S. stainless steel razor manufacturers will continue unabated as long as @Wayne maintains the rabbit hole.
Absolutely the Rabbit hole is safe in my grubby hands.

Reactions: Fox

Malc6552

Brexiter
For the US and other non EU countries VAT at 20% and the associated RM £8 collection fee will continue unabated regardless of any free trade arrangements. The only saving will be comparatively insignificant import duty on items over £135, so basically don't spend it all at once
I'll not need to buy from USA, UK shops/suppliers will be stocking many more items from the USA and many others and less from the EU

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I'll not need to buy from USA, UK shops/suppliers will be stocking many more items from the USA and many others and less from the EU
Nope 100% wrong. Even in the event of a no deal exit EU Cosmetic Regulations are being maintained in UK law: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/835725/cosmetics-regulations-2013-no-deal-brexit-guidance.pdf

It's almost a moot point anyway as due to the application of VAT prices inclusive of shipping would not be significantly different to Maggards