Shaver X
Forum GOD!
You mean Dull Razor Hovel?Razor is right but sharp is 1st word and palace is last word.
You mean Dull Razor Hovel?Razor is right but sharp is 1st word and palace is last word.
While the vBulletin web-based forum might have been forum-jacked, the real Straight Razor Place still exists on Facebook.They are the " new and improved" version of straight razor place i believe if i understand correctly
okay. it wasnt just that but other stuff too why?You started a thread on SRP that was closed by a mod and some posts deleted as they do not allow seller bashing on that site. IIRC it had to do with an ebay transaction on a shavette from China gone bad.
Bob
yeah we were having some fun .I’d post a popcorn eating emoji, if the last three(?) pages weren’t just nonsense.
nonsense can be entertaining sometimes

and just so its clear i didnt bash a seller on that site the seller was from ebay and i warned others of his practices.It was a feather AC ss folding clone that he said he ships all over the world except for when you buy it he all of a sudden doesnt know how to ship it and then says customs wont allow him to ship item then takes weeks to refund which he did finally this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You started a thread on SRP that was closed by a mod and some posts deleted as they do not allow seller bashing on that site. IIRC it had to do with an ebay transaction on a shavette from China gone bad.
Bob
Couldn't say.okay. it wasnt just that but other stuff too why?
Sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it?am
and just so its clear i didnt bash a seller on that site the seller was from ebay and i warned others of his practices.It was a feather AC ss folding clone that he said he ships all over the world except for when you buy it he all of a sudden doesnt know how to ship it and then says customs wont allow him to ship item then takes weeks to refund which he did finally this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. I went out yesterday to see if looking at stuff would kind of help get my interest back and i got an old gillette ball end B2 date code for less than 3 bucks in great condition. They had an old schick injector for the same price and started talking with the employee and talked for about 1/2 an hour about shaving stuff and honestly it helped somewhat. So find what will help bring "the spark" back for you, for some it might be a local hunt or talking or like was just said using the same setup. I just hope we all can find what will help when we all lose that "spark" every once in a while. Best to all.You know going back to the OP. Sometimes passion can become saturated. Shaving is fun, but at times can become monotanous. I think this is further compounded when a new 'best' razor is revealed each week. Spending a couple of weeks with the same setup can sometimes re-ignite interest through better understanding.
You’re full of passion on here - titanium or aluminium handles, 100g overall razor weight, scent masterpieces, European artisans, your r41 yintal - it’s great stuff!For the first time in ages I asked myself "do I have to shave today, couldn't I just leave it?".......
This took me by surprise. I went on and had an excellent shave, but the thought was there.
Anyone else?
Thanks for that - I have my moments! Right now it's 16mm wide aluminium handles, inspired by the Wolfman Guerrilla handle. Just made myself 4 of them. 89x16mm, 61g. I love them!!!You’re full of passion on here - titanium or aluminium handles, 100g overall razor weight, scent masterpieces, European artisans, your r41 yintal - it’s great stuff!
That’s passion!!Thanks for that - I have my moments! Right now it's 16mm wide aluminium handles, inspired by the Wolfman Guerrilla handle. Just made myself 4 of them. 89x16mm, 61g. I love them!!!
View attachment 51221
I started with DE razors back in 1968 , at 16 yrs old , I gradually moved to cartridges( track 2 ) and electrics for the fast shave recently switched back to DE , I know I can do a 3 pass shave with nice smelling custom soaps , I have 3 razors which each shave differently BUT my usual shave is less than 15 minutes , one pass and a bit of touch ups on problem areas , I usually use Williams mug soap and it works well for me . Once a week I like to use one of the pretty smelling soaps . I have yet to memorize all of the abbreviations for types of shaves . One I do know is BBS ,,,,,,,but I had to look it up , as in some circles BBS means (big breasted slut )I've stopped waiting for any hint of stubble so I can spread soap around my face and attack it with a razor blade. I now do the 2 - 3 day shave and if I achieve a DFS, I call it good. There are many times when a Socially Acceptable shave (1 pass) satisfies me. I'm retired and nearly 70, so there is no one to impress.