What's the dinner tonight?

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
View attachment 85836
Starter Homemade Watercress Soup with Ciabatta Slices

View attachment 85837

Lamb Steaks with Warm Bulgar Wheat salad.

View attachment 85838
Biscoff (them caramel biscuits they give you with coffee) Cheesecake.

All made by my fair hands. Watercress soup was delicious and seasoned spot on. Lamb steaks, the local butcher does a great job, so tender. The Bulgar Wheat salad has, mint, parsley chicken stock, lemon juice and spring onion in, first time I have made it, lemon juice cuts through a treat. Yet to try the Cheesecake as feeling quite full.
Love that cheesecake!

steve

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
This time I'm going to say what we will be having tonight as opposed to what we had. I bought a couple large yellowfin tuna steaks and they are now marinating in teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, Mirin, Sesame Oil with salt and garlic powder. I'll be cooking them on the grill. I'll make some pearled couscous to go with it. I typically add some olive oil, butter and sodium free chicken boillion to it. Sometimes I also add curry powder.

chazt

Forum !
Had to look up Kasha, interesting.
Buckwheat. When prepared in the “traditional” manner, it is reminiscent of a porridge-like cereal (I prefer oatmeal for breakfast - not as a side dish with dinner). My wife prepares the kasha by toasting it first in the skillet, then she adds water or broth. The result is that it’s drier, fluffier and ‘grainier’ than traditional. She spices it with salt, pepper, and white onions (I’d like to try it with scallions). I like it with mushrooms and mini bowtie pastas. Our niece says it tastes like dirt. Go figure...

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Sat 27th February

Fancied a change and wanted a Beef joint. Supermarket offererings do not look too nice, so tried a local butcher for the first time. OK was pricey but the Fat was part of the joint not a strip tied on.
Seared on the hob and then in the Oven Roast with trimmings.
Thumbs up all round, some left for Sandwich or Curry. Would be Happy to serve that to friends.

DEA67390-3042-438A-AA48-080736A9C286.jpeg

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Sat 27th February

Fancied a change and wanted a Beef joint. Supermarket offererings do not look too nice, so tried a local butcher for the first time. OK was pricey but the Fat was part of the joint not a strip tied on.
Seared on the hob and then in the Oven Roast with trimmings.
Thumbs up all round, some left for Sandwich or Curry. Would be Happy to serve that to friends.

View attachment 86817
You really can’t beat a proper local butcher. Yeah can be a little more but the quality is so much better. I went the other day and picked up some sausage, 12 for just over £4. Proper Old English full sized sausages. So tasty and a lovely consistenc. I sometimes find sausages are with too corse or too soft, these, bang on. We get various other cuts of meat as well, all locally sourced.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Tonight it’s fish n chips. The fish is lightly battered haddock cooked to perfection; the chips are French-style frites, nice and crisp and not soggy like the fat chips. We have this once a fortnight and the wife and I spend most of the wait time salivating just at the the thought of it. I’m starting to drool as I write this post.:hungry:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Tonight it’s fish n chips. The fish is lightly battered haddock cooked to perfection; the chips are French-style frites, nice and crisp and not soggy like the fat chips. We have this once a fortnight and the wife and I spend most of the wait time salivating just at the the thought of it. I’m starting to drool as I write this post.:hungry:
Friday is normally our Fish & Chip night, but not today as we had The Haddock yesterday. Yours sounds good- Enjoy.

R181

Grumpy old man
Wish I could stomach the smell of fish being cooked up and the taste after. The boss loves fish but I have banned her from making it in the house. She hates the smell of liver frying so I don't ask her to make that to even things up. We do go to a restaurant on the local reserve so she can have some fresh caught Pickerel for dinner.

Bob