Unpopular opinions

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
......or a good review of a vacuum cleaner won't just be watching someone hoovering their house for half an hour. Yet in the wetshaving youtube community, the common format is watching someone shave. I'm sure many people enjoy such videos, I personally don't.
Actually, a good review would be someone popping round and doing the hoovering.
........that’s why I am looking forward to @Wayne ‘s ironing reviews......
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
The only ones I ever enjoyed were the ones from a Scandinavian (?) chap on the other forum who shaved with weird and wonderful things
 

Dr Watson

James
You need a lot of charisma to keep me watching a shaving video... Most do not have it and some (no names :happy:) border on the creepy/awkward. It seems to me that becoming obsessional enough to film and review an every day task such as shaving might go hand in hand with other mental health issues... And I'm not trying to take the Mick here, I'm totally serious :(

Maybe I'm just old before my time, I sort of feel like the father watching his adult son play video games... Makes me feel sad. But I guess as long as it keeps them busy/happy, right?
 
Last edited:

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I confess that I watch Luca Dinaro and Mauro di Lernia's shave videos as they are a relatively painless way to keep my ear for understanding spoken Italian from complete atrophy. It is interesting that certain words & phrases have entered the Italian shaving lexicon from English and have gone untranslated into Italian. For example, we hear about a brush that has plenty of "back-a-bona."
 

Dr Watson

James
I confess that I watch Luca Dinaro and Mauro di Lernia's shave videos as they are a relatively painless way to keep my ear for understanding spoken Italian from complete atrophy. It is interesting that certain words & phrases have entered the Italian shaving lexicon from English and have gone untranslated into Italian. For example, we hear about a brush that has plenty of "back-a-bona."
It's also a great pleasure to hear Mauro say butterscotch :happy:

Skip to 0:39... I want that as my phones message alert tone.

 

Wayne

Forum Sod
You need a lot of charisma to keep me watching a shaving video... Most do not have it and some (no names :happy:) border on the creepy/awkward. It seems to me that becoming obsessional enough to film and review an every day task such as shaving might go hand in hand with other mental health issues... And I'm not trying to take the Mick here, I'm totally serious :(

Maybe I'm just old before my time, I sort of feel like the father watching his adult son play video games... Makes me feel sad. But I guess as long as it keeps them busy/happy, right?
I'll name one, RUDS..That bloke reminds me of Uncle Fester on downers. Charisma doesn't spring to mind as his main attribute. Oh and blokes with their shirts off on shaving vids makes my skin crawl.
 
Top