Two passes, just not enough?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Two passes (WTG + hybrid) and a few touch ups administered with medium aggressive razor (e.g. Gamechanger 0.84 or Karve D) and medium / sharp blade (e.g. Perma-sharp, 7 O'clock Yellow or PSI) delivers DFS (or BBS on good days) for me consistently.

Length of facial hair / gap between shaves doesn't seem to make a lot of difference, in fact my best shaves are when I have 1.5 - 2 days growth
 

Irfan

Forum GOD!
I usually shave once every 3 days and no matter how hard I try I rarely miss to do 3 passes + some corrections :D Every time I say to myself that I'll stop at the 1st pass (WTG - which gives a DFS) but I enjoy it far too much to stop, so here goes the 2nd pass (XTG). Then of course I want everything to be perfect so I do a 3rd ATG pass (which I love!) and any corrections in spots that I've missed.
That's pretty much me too, I can't be wasting all that lovely lather either.
 

HMan

Forum GOD!
I've been a 3 plus a crap load of neck touch and jaw touch up guy since I started.

However lately, as I've found razors that suit me better, I can actually start to imagine 2 plus some neck touch up.

Just for the sake of conversation, I have to get a good shave on my neck or the stubble causes me more irritation than the shave. Getting to the point that I've found some razors that make it relatively painless was a major milestone for me.
 

Irfan

Forum GOD!
I've been a 3 plus a crap load of neck touch and jaw touch up guy since I started.

However lately, as I've found razors that suit me better, I can actually start to imagine 2 plus some neck touch up.

Just for the sake of conversation, I have to get a good shave on my neck or the stubble causes me more irritation than the shave. Getting to the point that I've found some razors that make it relatively painless was a major milestone for me.
The neck and Adam's apple are still areas that need work for me but they're getting pretty good with skin stretching and taking my time, it's took a while though.
My stubble swirls around there.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Never ATG as I prefer not to risk ingrown hairs.
I can't recall getting ingrown hairs with a DE/SE or straight razor going ATG but there was no end to them with a cart. Now that I have said that with my luck tomorrow's shave with a straight will bring ingrown hairs.

Bob
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Mostly 2 passes here too. Occasionally I'll do an ATG pass, but generally avoid ATG on my neck as it is prone to ingrown hairs. I do like smooth chin and cheeks though!
 

Tazzimus

Forum GOD!
I find a 2 pass WTG/XTG will leave a lot of stubble on my neck, but my face feels fine. Quite annoying.

I have to wait a few days between shaves so usually have a 2 pass during the week and then a 3 pass at the weekend for the baby face feel.
 

arlopez

Forum GOD!
3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG) and a 4th one buffing (ATG).

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk
 
Top