TOBS no.50 pass around

Dr Watson

James
Received my sample today and briefly sniffed from the container a couple of times. First reference is Nuavia. Nera, with touches of Blu and Verde, if memory serves me right. I like it a lot! More to follow...
Not received anything yet :cry:

Scent descriptions so far have been cagey and vague but if the first thing to enter your mind was Nuavia then TOBS must have done something right!

Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
Took the cream for a spin this morning. Scent wise it changed after I stirred it up a little by moving it to another pot. I have been struggling to get to what t reminds me of. This may be because my memory fails me, but it may also be because it’s a rather mainstream scent. I finally landed on it reminding me of one of two Mont Blancs I have had in deodorants, Legend or Legend Spirit. A deo stick clearly differs from the EdT, as it’s linear (and if another odeour appears after a while, it’s usually unwanted...). Some soaps and creams do change in scent from pot to lathering to on the face, but No 50 stayed the same throughout. I get what I think of as a “creamy” or “hazy” citrus top, Calabrian bergamot or Amalfi lemon. Similar to AdP Essenza, which was why and what I chose to follow up with after the shave. There’s something aquatic, fresh and less sharp in there, and an ever slightly richer base, I’d say something woody and perhaps amber? (I haven’t looked at the scent notes, on purpose.) There is a resemblance to Mr Taylor, but it’s less barbershoppy and fresher in a soft/aquatic sense. A very pleasant scent, and if somewhat mainstream and boring, it should sit well with most people’s noses. That is my take on the scent anyway. And now I’ll go see how off I was on the notes.

Performance wise, no complaints. Compared to yesterday’s T+S, when I used the same razor, it goes on lighter (by nature, perhaps), less cushion but sufficient, and not a hint of clogging or clinging to the blade as was the case yesterday. The razor sang significantly louder today. Residual slickness much lower than T+S as is to be expected. This was my first time trying a TOBS cream from a pot, only from tubes earlier, and I’m certain that this one is softer and shows another texture than the avocado cream? From memory, the latter has had a tendency to become too thick or thus require more water compared to this No 50. No skin feel issues in my case, and post shave was good (though I was interrupted by my four year old needing my assistance and attention).

Enough of my ramblings. Shave on, peeps!

halvor

a most elusive fish
Had my second shave with this, yesterday. Pretty much covered it in my post above, but I’d like to add that I like the consistency. Somehow seems soft yet firm, as if whipped. It’s soft but still loads easily straight from the pot with a light hand, unlike eg the thicker Salter’s cream or Nanny’s croap.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Had my second shave with this, yesterday. Pretty much covered it in my post above, but I’d like to add that I like the consistency. Somehow seems soft yet firm, as if whipped. It’s soft but still loads easily straight from the pot with a light hand, unlike eg the thicker Salter’s cream or Nanny’s croap.
Very annoying, will send it out again