To Bloom or not to bloom

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

TomG

Forum GOD!


Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Brown' (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent:Floris No 89

What a wonderful shave! The Kapo lather was really good; better than I usually whip up from a cream, so I guess I got lucky.
Three passes for a BBS finish, and my face feels terrific.
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
I did bloom MWF when I first got it because of its reputation, but don't bother now and it still performs magnificently.
So, no need has been my findings.
Being a face lather most of the time, I wouldn't know how to begin blooming a cream.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I never bloom my soaps and I always let them fully dry before I put them away. Doesn't take more than 1-2 hours though (I either let my soaps dry in a warm room or in a room where my portable airco is on). I load most soaps for about 30-40 seconds with Barrister and Mann Reserve being the exception, those soaps I load for 10-15 seconds.
 
Top