The Winning Razor by WSC/YPM…..

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member


Yeah, impressed. Very firm grip of the blade right at the edge, resulting in zero blade chatter. It kinda squeegees the stubble away, sucking to your face. It's not my favourite feeling when shaving, but it's not off putting. 2 passes and I am very close shaven. I struggled a little under the nose as the head is quite chunky, but it does get there - it's quite the Hulk of a razor!
Very, very impressed. If they sort the communication, postage issues out they are onto an Winner!
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
The Menlo Nealon and the Winner are diametrically opposed razors. The Menlo requires your complete attention and rewards you, or not, accordingly, whereas the Winner is shaving on cruise control.

I understand everyone’s frustration with receiving their Winner as shipping communications is abysmal (in no small part by the USPS as well). However, I believe the majority of you will be satisfied with your purchase. It is a surprisingly good razor. I do not own nor have I shaved with a Henson, so I can make no comparisons. The handle’s grooves (as small as they look) actually provide good grip from slipping; the head clamps down securely on the razor blade. The magnet embedded in the base of the handle can be considered a gimmick or useful depending on whether you use it or not. The eighteen lather holes on each side of the baseplate extract lather well and are visually pleasing. The machining is impressive for the price. If you look closely to the edges of the top cap and baseplate you will see additional machined chamfering to remove edges. If someone wished to polish their Winner it would not take that much sanding and polishing to achieve a mirror finish. I did polish mine, but did not sand it, to add a bit more sheen to the overall appearance.

Achieving a BBS is not immediate and does take a bit more, for me, as I require some additional buffing. The top cap threaded post could be a little longer in length, but I like a shorter posts when traveling as I like to keep the head and handle separated and a longer post can sometimes prove detrimental if my dopp kit gets crushed in my luggage.
This mirrors my opinion of the razor.

I considered the magnet in the base of the handle a complete gimmick, until I swapped out my blade yesterday. It made it so easy and I've never had an accident or a problem taking out blades before.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Another exceptionally close shave with zero irritation. The drag that has been bothering me in previous shaves can be reduced by reducing the angle (handle closer to face) without reducing the closeness and comfort of the shave. The only, and very major for me, downside is the weight of the razor at nearly 120g.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
First use for me, this morning.
A surprisingly deceptive, efficient shave. Minimal blade feel from neutral exposure doesn't translate to the closeness I achieved. I certainly experienced the suction-like effect that others have commented upon. Unsure at this point if I like the razor, or not. It sure is a bargain and the resultant shave was superb. It's the journey there that leaves me wanting. That suction on first use is unappealing. I sold two Blackbird Ti razors for less drag. We shall see.
 
Top