The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Lann

Forum GOD!
The Rosa Bourbon really is a lovely scent @Gordy it is that bit more expensive but I sold a couple of my other soaps to make room for it and offset the cost. I don't miss the soaps I let go either!
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
The Rosa Bourbon really is a lovely scent @Gordy it is that bit more expensive but I sold a couple of my other soaps to make room for it and offset the cost. I don't miss the soaps I let go either!
Well I was "relieved" of a few of my soaps so I'm building them up again. I'm so impressed with Manuel's soaps though, they are stunning in every way. Have you tried his Premium Vegetal soap, Gea? One of the best floral scents I've come across and it's so good, you'd swear there was tallow in it. I'm not generally a fan of tins but I do like these ones. I will definitely have to get Rosa Bourbon though, it'll only sit with me so long until I convince myself I am missing out! I've a few of his balms on route at the minute.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Well I was "relieved" of a few of my soaps so I'm building them up again. I'm so impressed with Manuel's soaps though, they are stunning in every way. Have you tried his Premium Vegetal soap, Gea? One of the best floral scents I've come across and it's so good, you'd swear there was tallow in it. I'm not generally a fan of tins but I do like these ones. I will definitely have to get Rosa Bourbon though, it'll only sit with me so long until I convince myself I am missing out! I've a few of his balms on route at the minute.
I completely agree @Gordy Manuel's soaps are stunning. I have just added Fougere, Kasbah and Dama De Noche and cannot wait to try them. I haven't tried Gea as yet but its on my list, alongside tobacco and east breeze. I have also my name down for two tins of the forthcoming ATG group buy. I'd also be interested to hear your thoughts on the balms you are waiting to arrive.
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
I completely agree @Gordy Manuel's soaps are stunning. I have just added Fougere, Kasbah and Dama De Noche and cannot wait to try them. I haven't tried Gea as yet but its on my list, alongside tobacco and east breeze. I have also my name down for two tins of the forthcoming ATG group buy. I'd also be interested to hear your thoughts on the balms you are waiting to arrive.
Just finished a shave with East Breeze. To say I'm impressed is a serious understatement. The scent is right up my street anyway, on the darker side, but I'd swear there's some type of analgesic in it. The cushion is absolutely ridiculous, I could barely feel the razor at all. It's top marks again for post shave, I have only had this level from three other soaps.
If it's a good soap, I'll always lather up again after my final rinse, leave it a few minutes, gently wipe off and rinse again. When I wiped the soap off, the feeling was fantastic, super-moisturised. I can't wait to get the matching balm for this and Gea. I will definitely be buying Rosa Bourbon soon.
 

bandito

Ex-Addict
Shave #3 with the Kent soap.

The last time I used it I thought I noticed a tiny bit of irritation - this time round it was definitely present. It's not surprising really as I got a degree of irritation from MWF, and it is the same soap after all. Fortunately the SMN splash is mending my face as I type!

It"s a shame really as I love the wooden bowl and my skin feels as soft as a baby's behind - the only soaps that have compared in this respect are MWF (same soap), Lea Classic, and Nuavia.

I'll give the Kent another try, but the indication at the moment is it's likely to be on BST for the MWF fans.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Shave #3 with Eufros Ylang Ylang great soap and great shave. Have to admit that I was tempted to try the Eufros Fougere which came to me this week thanks to @Dipesh and the Eufros Dama de Notche and Kasbah from @Burgundy
 

bandito

Ex-Addict
Shave #4 with the Kent soap, and a lovely shave it was!

No irritation at all today - I returned to my trusty Pantarei brush, which is the only significant shave from yesterday, when a brand new Simpsons Captain was given its inaugural outing (early thoughts on the Captain are that it may not have enough backbone for my liking - I'm wondering if a Colonel would be any better?)

Anyhow, the Kent was again easy to lather and has left my skin feeling soft and refreshed, even moreso after the application of the SMN splash.

Usual set-up re: the razor - Rockwell 6S on #5.

I'm looking foward to tomorrow's shave with the Kent much more than I was looking foward to todays!
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Shave #4 with the Ylang Ylang nothing much to add other than to say that I used my Blackland Sabre in place of my trusty Timeless set up and even with the change in hardware and an extra touch up pass, Eufros provides the cushion and glide to leave my face feeling amazing.
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
Shave #4 with the Ylang Ylang nothing much to add other than to say that I used my Blackland Sabre in place of my trusty Timeless set up and even with the change in hardware and an extra touch up pass, Eufros provides the cushion and glide to leave my face feeling amazing.
It's becoming very difficult to go anywhere near my normal rotation because of Manuel's soaps. He sent me a sample of Ylang Ylang and that is one stunning scent. I had no idea what to expect but I know what Manuel should expect - another order from me! Damn, I thought East Breeze was going to be hard to beat!
As for the balms, well in a word they're phenomenol, not at all tacky or greasy, they soak in beautifully and smell exactly like the soap. The feeling on my skin afterwards tells me everything I need to know though, it's never been better.
The only two balms I've been able to use are Manuel's and Wickham's, otherwise it's clogged pores and a greasy bake. They're very good value for money too as one small squirt is more than enough and it's 75ml. Very nicely packaged too. Admittedly, the soap is that good you really don't need the balm but it's very nice to be able to extend the scent for as long as you want, which believe me, you will!
Anyone who doesn't have at least one of his soaps, is seriously missing out on something very special. It also helps that Manuel is a gentleman to deal with.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well I was "relieved" of a few of my soaps so I'm building them up again. I'm so impressed with Manuel's soaps though, they are stunning in every way. Have you tried his Premium Vegetal soap, Gea? One of the best floral scents I've come across and it's so good, you'd swear there was tallow in it. I'm not generally a fan of tins but I do like these ones. I will definitely have to get Rosa Bourbon though, it'll only sit with me so long until I convince myself I am missing out! I've a few of his balms on route at the minute.
GEA smells wonderful, a definite delicious favourite.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yardley has been my go to so far this month. I was lucky enough to acquire an unused complete tub from another member on ATG. Initially as with the previous owner I couldn't make myself use the soap, it's hard to find one in this condition, complete with wax paper and everything else. I looked on eBay for a used soap, hoping to keep this pristine. Finally I managed to bring myself round to using the soap.

The scent is masculine, majestic and mature. Just like with Old Spice and Tabac, the fragrance is immediately nostalgic and the soap is a solid hard puck. So as you lather the scent becomes more prominent.

Performance wasn't as good as Tabac. It is a great performing soap, only lacking in slickness for my liking. Cushion is abundant I did add a fair amount of water when using the soap but it still dragged a little. I wasn't able to complete a second pass with my King Pelican using this soap without a pre shave oil.

The soap is held in a lovely bakelite container and I'm definitely going to enjoy using it with both DE and SE razors.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
It's becoming very difficult to go anywhere near my normal rotation because of Manuel's soaps. He sent me a sample of Ylang Ylang and that is one stunning scent. I had no idea what to expect but I know what Manuel should expect - another order from me! Damn, I thought East Breeze was going to be hard to beat!
As for the balms, well in a word they're phenomenol, not at all tacky or greasy, they soak in beautifully and smell exactly like the soap. The feeling on my skin afterwards tells me everything I need to know though, it's never been better.
The only two balms I've been able to use are Manuel's and Wickham's, otherwise it's clogged pores and a greasy bake. They're very good value for money too as one small squirt is more than enough and it's 75ml. Very nicely packaged too. Admittedly, the soap is that good you really don't need the balm but it's very nice to be able to extend the scent for as long as you want, which believe me, you will!
Anyone who doesn't have at least one of his soaps, is seriously missing out on something very special. It also helps that Manuel is a gentleman to deal with.
Can only agree with everything you have said @Gordy I am really looking forward to trying out the Fougere, Kasbah and Dama de Noche once this month using Ylang Ylang ends. Moving forward, I want to add to some of the balms especially Ylang Ylang. East Breeze and Tobacco are two more of Manuel's soaps I want to try out.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Eufros balms are the best aftershave product I've come across! In fact, I've shifted along most of my software to go exclusive. It sounds like I need to get a sample of Ylang Ylang! I love most of Manuel's fragrance work.
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
I'd also be interested to hear your thoughts on the balms you are waiting to arrive.
I should have added that if you do go for the balm, don't do a full squirt or else you'll have a job finding places to rub it in, a little really does go a long way. You can always squirt out more if you want later, but I doubt you'd need it. The skincare component of the balm is probably better than the soap, and that really is saying something.
Apologies for hijacking the thread by the way.
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Shave #5 of the month with the Eufros Ylang Ylang. Back to using the Timeless, this time with the .68 solid guard baseplate equipped and a Gillette Silver Blue that I was shaving with for the second time. This was by far and away my most enjoyable shave of the month so far. Three passes and an almost symbiotic relationship between soap, razor and blade!
 
Top