I like synthetics but none of them feel as good as a badger.I can't sell my badgers, too attached. Strangely the only synthetic I enjoy is the Simpson chubby 2. Found the others too soft or springy, or to doughnut.
This is primarily why I’m so resistant to getting rid of mine. They just seem to feel better and they’re not springy. After using good badger brushes I’ve found that I notice the springiness of synths more.I like synthetics but none of them feel as good as a badger.
I like synthetics but none of them feel as good as a badger.
+1This is primarily why I’m so resistant to getting rid of mine. They just seem to feel better and they’re not springy. After using good badger brushes I’ve found that I notice the springiness of synths more.
Maybe you didn't choose the right ones?I have a couple of synthetic brushes but none of them can match a good badger or a boar brush.

Badger yes, they kill it and then take the hair. Often they’re kept in cages and tortured. Boar I’m not as sure about but I believe it’s not inhumane. Horse is clipped from the tail and mane and they aren’t harmed.ive only got two brushes boar hair bristle and badger bristle,
do they kill the boar and badger specifically for their hair and do they do it in an inhumane way?
tbh it hasnt even crossed my mind, i mean being a meat eater you just eat meat/chicken without even thinking about it, suppose its a bit like second nature
That might be the case. From what I have tried they all lack in backbone, scratchy feeling and just feel to soft on my face. Do you have any suggestions on what should I try?Maybe you didn't choose the right ones?![]()