That's my Badgers gone

1964geo

Forum GOD!
Moved on my last badger about 6 weeks ago. Have 5 synthetic brushes. FS G4, yaqi tuxedo, timber wolf and brown. Simpsons T3 synthetic. Never thought I'd change was put off for 40 years having experienced a horrible synthetic I purchased in Woolworths in the 70s.
 

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
I use a brush scuttle and the synthetic brush doesn't work as well as budger brushes, I guess it has to do with badger brushes being able to hold water, having said that, some badger brushes are better than others at preserving heat... then there's the question of soap, some are good for using with a scuttle and some aren't good at all .
 

gwsmallwood

Legendary Member
I kept 1 Silvertip. It's an Envy Beehive that I won in a YouTube contest. It's a huge knot and it's always been a shedder. Nathan even tried replacing the knot for me and it still sheds. You can't tell by looking at the knot yet, so I plan to keep using it until the shedding gets too bad, then I'll get it re-knotted with a nice synthetic.
IMG_20200304_070427319.jpg
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I can't sell my badgers, too attached. Strangely the only synthetic I enjoy is the Simpson chubby 2. Found the others too soft or springy, or to doughnut.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
ive only got two brushes boar hair bristle and badger bristle,
do they kill the boar and badger specifically for their hair and do they do it in an inhumane way?

tbh it hasnt even crossed my mind, i mean being a meat eater you just eat meat/chicken without even thinking about it, suppose its a bit like second nature
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
ive only got two brushes boar hair bristle and badger bristle,
do they kill the boar and badger specifically for their hair and do they do it in an inhumane way?

tbh it hasnt even crossed my mind, i mean being a meat eater you just eat meat/chicken without even thinking about it, suppose its a bit like second nature
Badger yes, they kill it and then take the hair. Often they’re kept in cages and tortured. Boar I’m not as sure about but I believe it’s not inhumane. Horse is clipped from the tail and mane and they aren’t harmed.
 
Top