That's my Badgers gone

Martini

Forum GOD!
Great choice, Rob! Let me know how you like it. I never went below 56mm loft, will be curious to find out how it feels.

You selected the larger of the two handles for 28mm knots, the one with 31mm hole. 54mm loft might be perfect with the 3mm clearance, for face lathering I mean.
 
Last edited:
I am the same , badger and boar brushes gone , use synths all the time now .
However , I am left with a Rod Neep Dreadnaught that was a Christmas prezzie from the Mother in law and has a engraved disc in the base , Christmas 2011 *** , it is a display item only .
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Not trying to be controversial - but my understanding is that badgers are killed in China as a foodstuff, therefore the hair is a by-product. Not buying badger brushes is not likely to reduce the numbers killed, therefore.

I’ve used them from the start of my shaving career and can’t image using anything else - to me it’s no different to wearing leather shoes or eating pork crackling. If I was on a crusade - which I’m not - I would ask why Halal killing is exempted from humane animal slaughter.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Great choice, Rob! Let me know how you like it. I never went below 56mm loft, will be curious to find out how it feels.

You selected the larger of the two handles for 28mm knots, the one with 31mm hole. 54mm loft might be perfect with the 3mm clearance, for face lathering I mean.
Do you think the 54mm loft is too low?
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
If you don't mind me asking Rob, how much did the shipping come in at? I ordered a synth yesterday from Dscosmetics as a tryout and if I like it I will progress to APShave. :thumbsup:
I bought a DA Cosmetics brush yesterday too. Which one did you go for mate?
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Not trying to be controversial - but my understanding is that badgers are killed in China as a foodstuff, therefore the hair is a by-product. Not buying badger brushes is not likely to reduce the numbers killed, therefore.

I’ve used them from the start of my shaving career and can’t image using anything else - to me it’s no different to wearing leather shoes or eating pork crackling. If I was on a crusade - which I’m not - I would ask why Halal killing is exempted from humane animal slaughter.
In all honesty I eat meat, love a bit of Rabbit and Venison, I wear Leather but something about Badger just sticks in my craw these days. I just think that when there is an alternative that is for me just as enjoyable and easy then why not?
I know many will find me crazy, I have owned many Badger brushes, I just no longer want to.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Tuxedo, especially the 24mm knots from Yaqi are definitely my choice.

@Wayne , have you tried the Timberwolf knot? It is like a cashmere on the face but loads soap like a tuxedo. Probably the most luxurious knot for my face. Like a pillow.
 
Top