Suppaparts Razor (titanium)

carbold

Carlo
This is getting interesting for me, looks like it might be on the aggressive side [emoji41]

“The 4 blade gaps are the following:
Position 1: 0.6mm
Position 2: 0.76mm
Position 3: 0.92mm
Position 4: 1.08mm”

Last edited:

slantman

Forum GOD!
From a watch forum posted last year. Buyer beware. I think this company is in Thailand.

Suppaparts lack of customer service
I ordered adaptors and a bracelet from suppaparts for my bn2029-01e promaster aqualand. Their website said and still does say 10-14 bus days for delivery. It's been 2 months and they still haven't arrived. I've sent emails and got no response. I've done an inquiry with my own country's mail system and Thailand post....no results. Thai post needs address and ph number to even start an inquiry so it's not possible to do anything because i get zero response from them (suppaparts) , the only tracking info I have states it left Thailand 2months ago. I have no way to find my products ($200 for nothing i guess), no way to get a reply from anyone, no way to find an answer...only thing I can do is cancel my payment. It's ridiculous to say the least.

I sent an email to all of the contact addresses i have asking for help, i offered to pay extra for FedEx shipping if they send me another......no response. I sent an email with the subject line " payment will be cancelled due to your lack of response".... I got no response.

Never have i had such abhorrent customer service from a company, how hard is it to respond to an email?

It's a shame because there is no one else on the market offering this adaptor for my watch. I was really looking forward to receiving these, I purchased my watch at the same time i placed the order for these and honestly the only reason i even bought my watch in the first place was because of the bracelet and adaptors available...I would have never bought a watch with a rubber strap to wear full time, as nice as the strap is......I can't complain enough about this it's honestly ridiculous.

Is there anyone out there that can help me, maybe someone has a tool and die shop and they can make me something. I will pay for it, i just want to wear my watch :(

Hopefully my next post wont be a "for sale citizen promaster aqualand "

slapo

It's... alive!
From a watch forum posted last year. Buyer beware. I think this company is in Thailand.

I ordered adaptors and a bracelet from suppaparts for my bn2029-01e promaster aqualand. Their website said and still does say 10-14 bus days for delivery. It's been 2 months and they still haven't arrived. I've sent emails and got no response. I've done an inquiry with my own country's mail system and Thailand post....no results. Thai post needs address and ph number to even start an inquiry so it's not possible to do anything because i get zero response from them (suppaparts) , the only tracking info I have states it left Thailand 2months ago. I have no way to find my products ($200 for nothing i guess), no way to get a reply from anyone, no way to find an answer...only thing I can do is cancel my payment. It's ridiculous to say the least.

I sent an email to all of the contact addresses i have asking for help, i offered to pay extra for FedEx shipping if they send me another......no response. I sent an email with the subject line " payment will be cancelled due to your lack of response".... I got no response.

Never have i had such abhorrent customer service from a company, how hard is it to respond to an email?

It's a shame because there is no one else on the market offering this adaptor for my watch. I was really looking forward to receiving these, I purchased my watch at the same time i placed the order for these and honestly the only reason i even bought my watch in the first place was because of the bracelet and adaptors available...I would have never bought a watch with a rubber strap to wear full time, as nice as the strap is......I can't complain enough about this it's honestly ridiculous.

Is there anyone out there that can help me, maybe someone has a tool and die shop and they can make me something. I will pay for it, i just want to wear my watch :(

Ooof, that doesn't sound very good.

Wilga

Forum GOD!

I could not have been happier with their delivery on the Ti. They even emailed me to check the postage address.

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
I seriously doubt any patent would stand - patents are for new and novel designs or "methods" - copyright on the design, maybe, but a patent - forget it. Would not stand up.

Northstonehill

Forum GOD!
Ah, cheers, I couldn't see wood for the trees. :blush:

It's curious they have been granted a patent on the baseplate at all, as it's not their original idea as far as I know. I think it was first seen on the Famex DE razor (reportedly French).
The Ikon SBS seems to be getting away with it for now, so maybe these guys are going to as well. The Suppaparts razor plate's design is pretty close to a copy of the Rockwell plate, though.
Yup, as Richard @efsk mentions the French did the flippable baseplate many moons ago on the 1930s/1940s Bohin:

722980EC-56C6-456A-A5AE-44E16FE32C7C.jpeg

Razorman

Forum GOD!
I have this razor and like it a lot. I use the 1 & 4 side of the baseplate. The 4 side for the initial WTG pass, and the 1 side for ATG pass -completing a nice 2 pass shave. I prefer this razor to the Rockwell as I think it shaves smoother.

sm1h

Forum GOD!
Stumbled across their website and it seems that the razor is still around! It's a curious one for sure, with 1 base plate providing 4 blade gaps. But I can't help but think it could get confusing mid-shave if you're an avid DE shaver!

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
Rockwell's patent is a bit like the Maginot Line i.e. easily skirted around. A challenge on the grounds of 'prior art' defence would probably kill it off completely
They can patent a design ie no one can copy their design exactly but the idea of having plates like that - that boat sailed 90 years ago. It would be a hard one to defend as it is not novel or new.