Straight Of The Day

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!

The Razor ..
Another e-bay purchase from the early days of cutting my teeth on the straight razor. A 5/8 Gabel 36 Full Hollow. Max has the same razor in his collection, but in a bit better condition. This was touched up on the Jacques era SRD Old Rock, and stropped on Scrupleworks Shell Cordovan.

The Brush ..
Simpsons 58 in Two Band Manchurian .. faux Tortoise..

The Soap ..
Klar Kabinette. A beautiful Rose scented soap. sadly no longer in production.

The Finish ..
Pinaud's Lime Sec

MichaelS

Forum GOD!

The Razor ..
Another e-bay purchase from the early days of cutting my teeth on the straight razor. A 5/8 Gabel 36 Full Hollow. Max has the same razor in his collection, but in a bit better condition. This was touched up on the Jacques era SRD Old Rock, and stropped on Scrupleworks Shell Cordovan.

The Brush ..
Simpsons 58 in Two Band Manchurian .. faux Tortoise..

The Soap ..
Klar Kabinette. A beautiful Rose scented soap. sadly no longer in production.

The Finish ..
Pinaud's Lime Sec

Beautiful brush!

Steve56

Forum GOD!
Good to see you @Zwilling - it’s always a treat to see your kamisori.

Testing the thick koppa, a Shell 72 had a medium slurry edge and the Genco had the same +20 clear water. Cream was SMN lathered with. Zenith boar and a s-lash of Agua Balsamica finished up.

It’s an excellent hone, there’s no shortage of sharp. No surprises either, the slurry edge was a little smoother and the water edge a little keener. I think I prefer the slurry edge. I used a slightly thicker slurry than I normally do on the slurry edge, so my usual thin slurry should be Goldilocks right.

37ED7DBA-1153-4556-B154-AAD71858B36D.jpeg

Last edited: