Straight Of The Day

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
Razor: 'Queen' (Japan). Received beaten up with lots of hone wear, (eBay gamble) but polished up nicely and now excellent shaver.
Brush: Shed Eleven oak/Zenith boar.
Soap: 3P. From Italian vacation, very good soap for pennies, almond scent doesn't irritate my face like Cella red.
Balm: Prep. Same vacation/ low price, a bit 'meh' though, there are better balms out there IMHO....

Beaten up??

That's a nice razor and looks great Michael.. You did a great job bringing it back!

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!

The Razor ..
Robeson Shur-Edge 5/8 Full Hollow. From Rochester, N.Y. A really nice little hammered tang razor. It took a scary edge off the Old Rock coticule.

The Brush ..
AP Shave Co. Polo inspired with AP Shave G5C knot.

The Soap ..
MEM Shave Cream from Israel. One of my favorite creams in a tube. I don't know if this is even available in the US anymore.

The Finish ..
Mennen Skin Bracer .. Cool Spice. These oldtime American drug store aftershave splashes were very nice!

Last edited:

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!

The Razor ..
Max Sprecher Custom. Near wedge, faux Ivory scales with a blood red wedge. I've read arond the internet that O1 Tool Steel is not a good choice for making a straight razor. I hope this blade never reads that rubbish... it may stop giving me great shaves when it finds out it is inferior.. :laugh:
Stropped on the Kanayama #3 Fine Stars ..
The Brush ..
Well, back to the Simpsons Emperor 2 in Two Band Super. I love this brush..

The Soap ..
This was a gift a few years back from a member here. His name was Tony, @Thug, from Johannesburg South Africa. It's an Artrisan Soap fromRiver Valley Trading Company... Green Fields, and it's quite nice.

The Finish ..
Spanish Floïd, Vigoroso Splash..

A close shave, and much more important.. smooth..

Last edited:

cairnish

Forum GOD!
Sevilla 670

For some reason I always enjoy the hyperbole on razor descriptions. This Sevilla is not merely hollow ground, not even Extra hollow ground, but Super Extra Hollow Ground. Tragically missed opportunity to claim it a Barber's Sevilla with "singing" blade. Perhaps that was implied. On the other hand @BlacknTan I'm excited to let you know that the wedge end of the scales on the show side is cracked through.