Forum GOD!
View attachment 15105

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea face scrub and L'oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: King of Shaves pre shave oil
Razor: ATT R2 with Atlas handle
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: Semogue 620
Cream: TOBS Eton College

First shave for 5 days so need a razor to handle it. I chose the ATT R2 as my weapon of choice and I chose wisely.
After a false start due to a blunt blade, the shave was very smooth and close.

The cream was ok but the scent wasn't prevalent through the shave. There was plenty of slickness and protection.

First outing of the Semogue 620. Very little scritch or scratch. I usually bowl lather so face lathering is a new experience for me. Creating the lather was ok but I think I need to work on my water to cream ratio.

Finished off with the Floid aftershave. It was ok(not mad about the scent) but I prefer the Fine and Myrsol aftershave.
If anyone fancies a trade please drop me a PM.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Cheers
Rob
The Semogue 620 is my favorite brush. It will splay beautifully within a couple of weeks and produce mounds of face lathering goodness. Keep at it. :okay:

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Sunday

Olive oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P preshave cream
Tabac Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Star 1912 Pattern razor with a GEM SS blade (#10)
Alum Block and cold rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Brut Musk AS

First shave since Friday....and what a good one. As already mentioned..I have hoped to check the longevity of the GEM SS blade. In my mind i had thought I would be binning it today...but I have changed my mind. I will sneak in at least 1 more. The Sabre joins my stable this week and I will start it with a fresh blade. Today was a smooth 3 pass BBS shave.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
T&H #10 Cream
B400 bt @twhite 26mm Finest
Sta-Sharp Straight for pass #1 + homemade bridal strop
The General in Custom SE handle
Kai Captain [3]
Alcolado Glacial AS
Issey Intense
Decent first pass with the smooth Sta-Sharp; the only trouble spot for the straight now is the tip of my chin. I just can't find the angle of attack!

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
SOTD: 230717
SOTD 230717.jpg

Blade: Gem #2
Razor: 1912 on loan (The year the Titanic sank)
Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger 22mm
Soap: NSS Wild Rose
Post Shave: 100% Aloe Vera Gel
Scent: Attar Sandal Rose

If I am being perfectly honest, after yesterday's shave there really wasn't much growth to contend with today but the urge to use the 1912 again was too overpowering. Thank you @Blademonkey for enabling me :)

I went for a two pass shave today with a couple of touch ups and I am back to a dolphin smooth finish. :)
I could not even see some of my facial hair but the audibility of this razor reminded me there was plenty to contend with.
The blade behaved as well as it did yesterday, perhaps even better if there is such a thing. Smooth and trouble free. No cuts, nicks, weepers or burns.

The brush was given to me by @Wayne via a PIF and although it is loosing hair quicker than me I wanted to use it from a nostalgic point of view. It performed brilliantly and I do intend to re-knot it at some point. May I just say Wayne did inform me of this but I love it anyway, so thank you mate.

I love NSS soap, ever since I had a sample via a PIF many moons ago form @Rowlers I was hooked. Thank you Lee. The Wild Rose is up there for me and the lather, slickness and protection is sublime. My skin always feels moisturised after using this stuff.

Finishing the shave off with a touch of Aloe Vera gel and a couple of drops of Sandal Rose oil I am one happy bunny. :)

Enjoy your shaves,

Wayne.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
SOTD: 230717
View attachment 15129
Blade: Gem #2
Razor: 1912 on loan (The year the Titanic sank)
Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger 22mm
Soap: NSS Wild Rose
Post Shave: 100% Aloe Vera Gel
Scent: Attar Sandal Rose

If I am being perfectly honest, after yesterday's shave there really wasn't much growth to contend with today but the urge to use the 1912 again was too overpowering. Thank you @Blademonkey for enabling me :)

I went for a two pass shave today with a couple of touch ups and I am back to a dolphin smooth finish. :)
I could not even see some of my facial hair but the audibility of this razor reminded me there was plenty to contend with.
The blade behaved as well as it did yesterday, perhaps even better if there is such a thing. Smooth and trouble free. No cuts, nicks, weepers or burns.

The brush was given to me by @Wayne via a PIF and although it is loosing hair quicker than me I wanted to use it from a nostalgic point of view. It performed brilliantly and I do intend to re-knot it at some point. May I just say Wayne did inform me of this but I love it anyway, so thank you mate.

I love NSS soap, ever since I had a sample via a PIF many moons ago form @Rowlers I was hooked. Thank you Lee. The Wild Rose is up there for me and the lather, slickness and protection is sublime. My skin always feels moisturised after using this stuff.

Finishing the shave off with a touch of Aloe Vera gel and a couple of drops of Sandal Rose oil I am one happy bunny. :)

Enjoy your shaves,

Wayne.
Some for sale in BST :okay: Asda Price for you :laugh: