SOTD Saturday 16th June - Friday 22nd June 2018

Electrif

SE la vie
Saturday 16th June
Yaqi 26mm Tux
Speick Men grated stick
Ever Ready 1912

Ever Ready Corrux stropping blade
Alum
Lacoste Original A/S
Dove Instant Hydration Cream

I used the stropping device from one of my 1914s to strop a NOS ER Corrux blade. It's the first time I've used a stropping blade, and it certainly won't be the last, as it proved to be a far smoother shave than the standard GEM blade.
Speick is another soap I should use more often.
 

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Sat. 6/16/18



Good morning friends. I just now had a very relaxing three pass shave with the Muhle R41 fitted with a Personna blade. Magnificent lather from the Stirling Electric Sheep shave soap. I finished with Old Spice... smooth and refreshed . Enjoy your day friends. ☺
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!


Rockwell 6c R6 & Kai SS #3
Semogue 1305 Boar
GD Basique
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
Jay Z Gold A/S splash
Jay Z Gold edt

59739316-95B2-4D5E-8CF1-E602C2E74CF9.jpeg

An excellent morning shave. A smooth 3 pass affair that left me clean and ready to go. Not to mention smelling like a million bucks $$$! Have a great day and wonderful shaves Gents.... :okay:
​
 

Kevy

Forum GOD!
SOTD

Pre: Proraso White Pre-Shave
Soap: K Shaveworx Midnight Cherry Bomb Sample
Razor: Gold Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Brush: IC Shaving Brushes KSPD1
Post: Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel
A/S: Jovan Musk
Balm: L’oreal For Men Birch Sap

30 days. 30 shaves. 16. For the month of June I'm going to try to shave every day with a different razor, blade, soap and brush.
IMG_5637.JPG
 

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Saturday AM 2018-06-16

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney WWII Broad Arrow Black Boar (20/46)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
RazoRock Mamba/Stork Aristocrat 2 Titanium
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

This was my first time using a boar brush. I thought it would be stiff and somewhat harsh, but it obviously had been used well and broken in, because the bristles were quite soft on my face. I pre-soaked it in warm water for 5 minutes, after which it loaded the vintage soap slowly but quite heavily. The lather initially was watery, but it thickened up nicely and ended up fluffy and slick. An excellent shave.
 
Last edited:

Str8_Shaver

Forum GOD!
Saturday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian) given the 'Brush Rejuvenator' treatment before use..
Soap: Sir Hare - Drunken Sailor
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: PG02 Cozé

firstly, 'Papa Chub' behaved like new after a quick shampoo, bringing the Drunken Sailor to life with ease.. Sir Hare is an extremely underrated soap, that really does deserve a wider audience... having fallen for the GBE, I decided to throw it in the TR-1, and was rewarded with a super smooth shave..... post shave, Santal Auster, and Cozé provided the icing on the cake.. Yeah, CLASSY!!
 
Top