SOTD Saturday 06 April 2019 - Friday 12 April 2019

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
image.jpg


~SOTD~. 11th April

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Paradigm SE
Blade ~ Proline
Soap ~ Agua de Colonia Barberia - Alvarez Gomez
Brush ~ Zenith 28mm Manchurian
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal WH
Scent ~ Agua de Colonia Barberia Edc - Alvarez Gomez

The sun is out but its not as warm as it is in Madrid but a super smooth shave with the Paradigm / Proline with these wonderful products from Alverez Gomez made up for the lack of Spanish heat! :) P.

Have a great day folks....P.
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Paradigm SE Ti | Feather AC Pro Super
Wild West Brushworks & Maggards' Timberwolf 26mm
Sir Irisch Moos
Cold water splash



During winter the King is called Tabac.
In Spring and Summer it's called Sir Irisch Moos.

But what about the Queen?
Well, the Queen stays all year long, and her name is "Paradigm SE"...
 
Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thur 11th April
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Citra Royale
ATT SE-G, modified
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A back to back Shave with the ATT to see if I could improve on the overall quality of the Shave. The Razor Is quite mild and I think I need to spend more time on getting angles right when dealing with the more difficult areas of the neck. Today the extra time and concentration paid off as I am much happier
with the overall quality of finish attained.

IMG_0438.jpg
 
Last edited:

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
RAW RS-10 (Mild)
Polsilver Super Iridium
Zenith 28mm Manchurian
T+S Dark Two Soap
T+S Dark Two AS Splash
​
This has to be my favourite of the Tallow + Steel scents, so far. I never tried the original Dark, but once lathered, the vetiver becomes slightly more smokey and the coffee note becomes more apparent. Just the right amount of spice, but I fail to detect any peppermint in the soap. This is more obvious in the splash. Thirty minutes later and the vetiver is nicely lingering. What a stunning soap, performance and scent.

IMG_20190410_151847-01-01-01.jpeg


​
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: LeeDa Keyhole, Maggards 24mm 2BF
Soap: Cella
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Cella ASL
IMG_20190411_095817.jpg

The Vector has returned, the stubble is terrified and the skin delighted.
Cheers P.
Happy Shaving one and all.
 
Last edited:

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Thursday 11th April



Cold Water Shave
La Toja Magno Soap
Vitos Preshave
Stirling Executive Man Soap
Vie-Long/AP Shave Cashmere Brush
Valet Autostrop VC1 with a GEM SS PTFE Blade
Witch Hazel
Dove Moisturiser
Florida Water
Perfume Parlour Aventus PO

3 Passes for a perfect shave.
We are off to Cardiff this afternoon for a bit of 'pomp and ceremony'. One of our friends has been appointed High Sheriff of an adjacent County and we unexpectedly received an invitation to the Inauguration and Reception. I should remain stubble free well into the early hours!
 

Electrif

SE la vie
Thursday 11th April
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Blue’s Dakar Soap - General Steel - Schick Proline P #7 - Alum - Blue Stratos A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream - Al Rehab 'Dakar’ EDP

After seeing Paul's @Blademonkey post, adding an Attar oil to a soap. It piqued my interest.
I remember having a full cake of Blue's Goat Milk soap. So I used some Al Rehab 'Dakar’ attar oil to flavour a grated cake of the Blue’s soap. On paper the notes of the oil are: Sage, Amber, Moss, Sandalwood, Agarwood (Oud), Cedar, Spicy. The finished soap was a triumph. And today's shave was marvelous. The lather and slickness were superb. I'm well pleased.
I now need some more Blue's soap!!
 

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
5E567B97-C03E-419E-882F-1A1732DCC148.jpeg
Thursday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Wilkinson Long Handle/new Rapira
Bundubeard Klipspringer’s Kick SS
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

When I first read the description of the Klipspringer soap I was only expecting a mild menthol sensation from it but when I used it for the first time was I ever pleasantly surprised. It’s certainly not as strong as the other two Kick soaps I have but it’s not so mild either and it has the lovely scent as well as the same great lather as the other soaps in this range. The Prep as always, gave me terrific soothing and extra cooling while the Aqua Velva really hit me with a good chill of its own. The new Rapira helped me get a perfect BBS shave!
 

DeeCee

Dan
SOTD Thursday 11th April 2019
Pre: Shower , CeraVe face wash
Soap: Stirling Haverford
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Post: Warm and cold water rinse, Boots Tea Tree & witch hazel
AS: Stirling Island man balm

A fantastic shave today. After my mail call from Top Of The Chain, I've been using my newly acquired soaps and balms over the past few days.​
The scent on Haverford is stunning, I think it very closely resembles the Tom Ford it is based on. Unfortunately I didn't buy the matching balm (I'll be buying this in the near future) so went with the island man (as is not used it yet). The scent on this is of summer holidays - coconut, lime - my wife said it smells like a cocktail. The more I use Stirling products, the more I like them! Face is feeling soft, smooth and smelling great. Have a fine afternoon gents

​
 
Top