SOTD Saturday 06 April 2019 - Friday 12 April 2019

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Tuesday SOTD


Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Noble Otter BarrBarr (Barbershop)
Post: Viking Soaps Old Norse (Barbershop)
Aftershave: Noble Otter BarrBarr

​
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
Date: 09 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Dance of Agrumes Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #9
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice
 

Barry1963

Easily Led
A3E7CC39-B837-4FBB-B5EF-09EC986FD866.jpeg


Tuesday 9th April

Mike’s Hungarian Lavender
Semogue 1305
Blackland Blackbird
Polsilver Super Iridium
Humphreys Witch Hazel
Caron Pour un Homme EDT

I think the Blackbird has established itself as my favourite DE razor. Superb shaves every time. Have a good day gents.
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Tuesday 9th April



Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Vitos Pre Shave
Nanny's Ice & a Slice Soap
Vie-Long/Maggards Tuxedo Brush
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse
Dove Moisturiser
Myrsol Agua de Limon

3 Passes for a lovely smooth and close shave
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Paradigm SE Ti | Feather AC Super Pro
Rod Neep Duke 2 cocobolo / APShave Co. SilkSmoke (Acer89 reknot)
Haslinger Schafmilch
Epsilon Mediterranean Blue



Mild blade, mediocre blade, aggressive blade - this razor will simply deliver a spectacular shave no matter what you load it with...
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
image.jpg


~SOTD~ 9Th April

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Blackland Vector. (Will be known by me as "Hammerhead" from now on)
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann - Lavanille
Brush ~ YaQi Moka synthetic
Post ~ Thayers rose petal / B&M Lavanille aftershave splash

My last shave with this wonderful razor kindly loaned to me by @Boru62 , thank you K.
At first I wanted to do a direct test against my Cobra Classic but my Paradigm razor turned up on the same day so I thought I may as well do a three way razor test, one from memory ( the Cobra Classic ) and the other two on alternate days but just before I was going to run with the Pro Super's in the Paradigm I was reminded that it was not recommended to use this blade in this razor, so that part of the test didn't happen.
With the proline both razors performed the same with the Paradigm being slightly smoother.
The Vector fitted out with the Pro Super shaved as well as my Cobra and I think the vector really shines when using this blade.
This mornings shave was no different, fitted out with the Pro Super it was like a stainless steel Cobra, two passes and a little clean up and I was left BBB smooth and knowing I had had a shave!
I knew from the second shave with the Vector that I wanted one, so being able to borrow one before buying one was a big help for me and as soon as a The Shave Lounge have them in stock in a few weeks I shall be buying one for sure! :)

Have a great day folks.......P.
 
Last edited:
Top