Shavemac VLB 2018 LE

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I will try my best, time is my biggest issue. On another note I have asked Bernd if I can offer the Shavemac synthetic (red handle) as a pass around. So at least we can get to grips with the knot.

GoReds

Forum GOD!
@Nishy

So a user can set the loft in this brush? Or is it just a testing version so you could indicate the loft for the future final version??

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
@Nishy

So a user can set the loft in this brush? Or is it just a testing version so you could indicate the loft for the future final version??
User sets the loft by twisting the bottom of the brush as seen on the videos. No set loft with this one.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
First time I see this implemented so nice!
This will be the second VLB in all honesty. Bernd produced one before with the help of another individual (I think it's illustrated in this thread). This is a slightly different design in terms of the mechanism and knot options.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
This will be the second VLB in all honesty. Bernd produced one before with the help of another individual (I think it's illustrated in this thread). This is a slightly different design in terms of the mechanism and knot options.
Very excited with this project Nish, i've been watching the two threads even more eagerly since the synthetic showed up:wink:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Very excited with this project Nish, i've been watching the two threads even more eagerly since the synthetic showed up:wink:
Thanks Mem, it's the first time I've been excited about a brush for a long time. The knot is very nice. I need to use it more, it's been a month. Yesterday I dialled the loft down low and did feel some scritch, reminded me of a good boar. It really does offer plenty of options with regards to face feel. The mechanism needs a few adjustments and then it should be excellent.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Spoke with Bernd, the brush will have the necessary change. It will be similar to the previous VLB where a certain number of clicks will signify the loft. All will be explained when I get my hands on the final protoype.