September 2020 Aquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
If they didn't promised to check the glue bump for me, I would be just disappointed. But this pissed me...they 100% didn't check anything.
This happened with Yaqi. I had an usable tuxedo because of that. I was sent a new much better one in two weeks.
 

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker
View attachment 77199

Frank Shaving G4 26mm with zebra handle.

I contacted FS before I ordered and asked them, if they can find me brush with small(ish) glue bump. Someone named Suki replied with explanation, that glue bumps of 6-8mm are normal in their knots and it is to prevent shedding. I replied that I would be pretty ok with 6mm glue bump but my previous brush from them have 13mm glue bump. Suki was like : I will surely check brushes that we have on hand and find you one with smallest glue bump. I was happy with her answer and ordered.

Brush arrived today and measurements are
Total loft length : 54 mm
Free loft : 43 mm
Glue bump : 11 mm

Thank you Suki ...........👿

I'm done with Frank Shaving. The G4 fibers are my favourite but they are ruining it with those enormous glue bumps.
Maybe they need to change the name of their company?
Screenshot_20200924_160353.jpg
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
So I come back home from work, and a box from China was waiting for me.......







...and the glue bump is........... eleven plus.

At least I was prepared by the earlier posts of other fellow members.

Hair (bristles) is wonderful, the glue bump is naturally pretty prominent. But these brushes are a pain to unload, and I guess I'll have to make it useable somehow.

Unboxing day verdict: neither satisfied, nor dissatisfied.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
So I come back home from work, and a box from China was waiting for me.......







...and the glue bump is........... eleven plus.

At least I was prepared by the earlier posts of other fellow members.

Hair (bristles) is wonderful, the glue bump is naturally pretty prominent. But these brushes are a pain to unload, and I guess I'll have to make it useable somehow.

Unboxing day verdict: neither satisfied, nor dissatisfied.
It's too bad because the handle seems excellent.

Which was the price?
 

vartik

Head shaver
View attachment 77199

Frank Shaving G4 26mm with zebra handle.

I contacted FS before I ordered and asked them, if they can find me brush with small(ish) glue bump. Someone named Suki replied with explanation, that glue bumps of 6-8mm are normal in their knots and it is to prevent shedding. I replied that I would be pretty ok with 6mm glue bump but my previous brush from them have 13mm glue bump. Suki was like : I will surely check brushes that we have on hand and find you one with smallest glue bump. I was happy with her answer and ordered.

Brush arrived today and measurements are
Total loft length : 54 mm
Free loft : 43 mm
Glue bump : 11 mm

Thank you Suki ...........👿

I'm done with Frank Shaving. The G4 fibers are my favourite but they are ruining it with those enormous glue bumps.
I contacted FS just to vent the frustration and Suki replied, that this is a new batch of knots and for this batch, the lowest glue bump is 10mm. After first use I can confirm, that this brush really feel different to my other G4 brush and even if you look at the colour of the fibre and compare it to N_Architect's brush, it is definitely different. Sadly, in a negative way. The tips are not so soft (and are little prickly) and this brush resist splaying.
All in all, bad experience this time 😕
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I contacted FS just to vent the frustration and Suki replied, that this is a new batch of knots and for this batch, the lowest glue bump is 10mm. After first use I can confirm, that this brush really feel different to my other G4 brush and even if you look at the colour of the fibre and compare it to N_Architect's brush, it is definitely different. Sadly, in a negative way. The tips are not so soft (and are little prickly) and this brush resist splaying.
All in all, bad experience this time 😕
He still lied to you though. He told that he can choose a brush with lower glue bump.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
If they didn't promised to check the glue bump for me, I would be just disappointed. But this pissed me...they 100% didn't check anything.
dont get taken in by aliexpress smiley
I contacted FS just to vent the frustration and Suki replied, that this is a new batch of knots and for this batch, the lowest glue bump is 10mm. After first use I can confirm, that this brush really feel different to my other G4 brush and even if you look at the colour of the fibre and compare it to N_Architect's brush, it is definitely different. Sadly, in a negative way. The tips are not so soft (and are little prickly) and this brush resist splaying.
All in all, bad experience this time 😕
Maybe time to raise a dispute with aliexpress?
 
Top