September 2020 Aquisitions

Randomangle

Ăśber Bum
View attachment 76810View attachment 76811

My first Chinese brush, not a big fan of the inscription on the handle but I liked it very much and for only 17euros delivered....couldn’t resist🤔
Initial impressions - looking good
I have the synthetic with this black handle on the way ... not too happy if it has the inscription on the base. The descrption gave the impression that it would be free of 'KenSurfs'. Looks like another polishing job. :thumbsdown: I wonder if Ken knows his limited edition brush is not so limited?:D
 

vartik

Head shaver
20200924_124859.jpg


Frank Shaving G4 26mm with zebra handle.

I contacted FS before I ordered and asked them, if they can find me brush with small(ish) glue bump. Someone named Suki replied with explanation, that glue bumps of 6-8mm are normal in their knots and it is to prevent shedding. I replied that I would be pretty ok with 6mm glue bump but my previous brush from them have 13mm glue bump. Suki was like : I will surely check brushes that we have on hand and find you one with smallest glue bump. I was happy with her answer and ordered.

Brush arrived today and measurements are
Total loft length : 54 mm
Free loft : 43 mm
Glue bump : 11 mm

Thank you Suki ...........👿

I'm done with Frank Shaving. The G4 fibers are my favourite but they are ruining it with those enormous glue bumps.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
View attachment 77199

Frank Shaving G4 26mm with zebra handle.

I contacted FS before I ordered and asked them, if they can find me brush with small(ish) glue bump. Someone named Suki replied with explanation, that glue bumps of 6-8mm are normal in their knots and it is to prevent shedding. I replied that I would be pretty ok with 6mm glue bump but my previous brush from them have 13mm glue bump. Suki was like : I will surely check brushes that we have on hand and find you one with smallest glue bump. I was happy with her answer and ordered.

Brush arrived today and measurements are
Total loft length : 54 mm
Free loft : 43 mm
Glue bump : 11 mm

Thank you Suki ...........👿

I'm done with Frank Shaving. The G4 fibers are my favourite but they are ruining it with those enormous glue bumps.
Suki is a guy I think.

He told me the same, didn't believe him, many from here had the same problem.

No Frank Shaving for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SeanC

Forum GOD!
View attachment 77199

Frank Shaving G4 26mm with zebra handle.

I contacted FS before I ordered and asked them, if they can find me brush with small(ish) glue bump. Someone named Suki replied with explanation, that glue bumps of 6-8mm are normal in their knots and it is to prevent shedding. I replied that I would be pretty ok with 6mm glue bump but my previous brush from them have 13mm glue bump. Suki was like : I will surely check brushes that we have on hand and find you one with smallest glue bump. I was happy with her answer and ordered.

Brush arrived today and measurements are
Total loft length : 54 mm
Free loft : 43 mm
Glue bump : 11 mm

Thank you Suki ...........👿

I'm done with Frank Shaving. The G4 fibers are my favourite but they are ruining it with those enormous glue bumps.
Bad luck. I did similar and ended up with 7mm
 
Top