Sensitive guy says hi

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
Thank you. Liking the price of the Feather Popular and even more so the Rimei (£2.81 shipped!!!!) I can afford to make a few wonky choices at that price Parker looks interesting, but scant detail on the website for handle length
Unfortunately I've just seen the Timeless SS ❤
How's that gonna feel as an upgrade
So then a merkur progress has everything you need :giggle:
 

SensitiveGuy

Veteran
Hello @SensitiveGuy :welcome: to ATG now be prepared for your credit card getting a bit of a hammering.
One piece of advice, be careful which rabbit hole you jump into,:facepalm: I have already noticed you mentioned Timeless razors, its a slippery slope !!! :stop:
:cheers:
Agreed :D the Timeless just looks gorgeous. TBH I'll be happy with whatever it looks like and however much or little it costs (within reason :eek:) as long as it gives me the shave I'm after.
Looking forward to trying the newbie box on the pass around :woot::woot:
 
Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Welcome to ATG, you've come to the right place. Plenty of advice on offer here, don't be too shy to ask. I recommend the Astra SP blades, well regarded here and one of my favourites. As for razors, we all have our personal favourites but you might try the Edwin Jagger DE89, my first "real" razor on returning to DE shaving last year. If you want to go down the vintage razor route, this is where the story really starts. They're still available on the likes of fleabay and a good Gillette Rocket will stand you in good stead. Then there are the Gillette adjustables and don't overlook the Gillette Tech range, they still deliver a great shave. That's before you get into single edge razors....thereby hangs another tale.

You're at the threshold of a lifetime's fascination/addiction. Welcome down the rabbit hole!

Open you wallet and repeat after me: "I surrender."

Regards,
Chris
 

SensitiveGuy

Veteran
Welcome to ATG, you've come to the right place. Plenty of advice on offer here, don't be too shy to ask. I recommend the Astra SP blades, well regarded here and one of my favourites. As for razors, we all have our personal favourites but you might try the Edwin Jagger DE89, my first "real" razor on returning to DE shaving last year. If you want to go down the vintage razor route, this is where the story really starts. They're still available on the likes of fleabay and a good Gillette Rocket will stand you in good stead. Then there are the Gillette adjustables and don't overlook the Gillette Tech range, they still deliver a great shave. That's before you get into single edge razors....thereby hangs another tale.

You're at the threshold of a lifetime's fascination/addiction. Welcome down the rabbit hole!

Open you wallet and repeat after me: "I surrender."

Regards,
Chris
Thank you significantly cheaper habit than my last one of collecting bicycles - and easier to hide from the Mrs whilst I work out what works for me - hopefully!

The SE vs DE is something that has intrigued / confused me, and I've done a search, but it didn't come up with anything? A quick run though explaining the simple benefits / drawbacks of each would be really helpful.

I wonder whether a complete newbies section might help novices like me?
I looked at the group buy to learn more about brushes, and thought I'd learnt a fair bit by page 30ish, but then got confused again.
And what the hell is scritch? I thought it was a typo, but everyone used it?!?

Where's the brain exploding emoji :wink:
Rabbit hole is right :D
 
Top