Saturday 27 June - Friday 3 July 2020

Dr Watson

James
DSC_0237-01.jpeg

Couple of observations:

The Lupo is IMO the best budget razor on the market currently.

Boellis soap is just as good as I remembered.

Plisson Evo synthetic's are really rather good. I think the fibres are the same as Simpsons use in the CH2, just set at a higher loft (22x57mm) makes for a very natural feeling brush, the splay feels just right to me... I will tentatively say best synthetic brush I've used thus far, obviously would be no good for those who like massive knots.

vartik

Head shaver
PSX_20200630_201245.jpg

Timeless 0.68 SC
Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Frank Shaving G4 24mm
SV Tundra Artica

1st shave with my new Timeless razor and I'm really impressed. Great effectivity and due to how rigidly is the blade held, it's very comfortable ATG. Scalloped cap provides direct feedback about the angle (ridges in soap left means my angle is off) which I also really liked.

Last edited:

Randomangle

Über Bum
View attachment 71770

Couple of observations:

The Lupo is IMO the best budget razor on the market currently.

Boellis soap is just as good as I remembered.

Plisson Evo synthetic's are really rather good. I think the fibres are the same as Simpsons use in the CH2, just set at a higher loft (22x57mm) makes for a very natural feeling brush, the splay feels just right to me... I will tentatively say best synthetic brush I've used thus far, obviously would be no good for those who like massive knots.
Oh dear James, I feel I will have to investigate Plisson synths again. :facepalm:

Boycie83

Space Cadet
30/06/20

Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai Captain / Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw V2 G4
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Alcolado Glacial
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200630_200102-01~2.jpeg

I'm very fortunate to have a General V2 in my hand courtesy of a friend who has loaned this to me.

The shave started off very tuggy and I thought maybe the Kai that had kindly been provided with the razor may have lost its edge during transit. I swapped out out for a Proline but the tugging continued for the next two passes. I double checked my lather and all was fine there so I'll need to work on my angles more on the next shave.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Carbon Cx-Ti (++) & Gillette Silver Blue
APShaveCo. 28mm Silksmoke Summer
Stirling Margaritas in The Arctic shave soap
Stirling Margaritas in The Arctic Witch hazel
Stirling Margaritas in The Arctic a/s splash
Creed EROLFA Eau de Parfum
48F76FC4-4C25-411E-BE17-905E5976192B.jpeg

A million dollar shave. Period. A great evening and shaves to all...