Paul L

Forum GOD!
Thursday 28th January

Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush - YaqI Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor - YaqI Katana
Blade - 1/2 Gillette Platinum (1)
Post - PuIg Quorum Aftershave

I've only used the Katana a few times, and tonight's shave was my best with it so far* possibly in part thanks to the excellent Hampshire Wool Fat lather.
* User error reared it's head when I attempted an ATG pass on the moustache area - something which is not a problem for me with DE razors. Two small, but persistent weepers which required extra cold rinses and alum to bring under control - and all is well. I'll be a bit more careful in future.
Lesson learned - play with fire and you'll get burnt.
Over all finish is very good, close and irritation free.
Finished with Quorum Aftershave.

nervosa1901

Forum GOD!
First impressions of Laugar, Chris?
Kudos to you and Ravi for this one. The soap performed very well. I ordered two tubs of the unscented. I was struck by the snow white color of the soap. While SG is my gold standard and likely always will be, Laugar is a very welcome addition to the cabinet. Anyone else on the fence should give it a shot.

Last edited:

SpeedyPC

Forum GOD!
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Ouddiction (Honey Oud) sample only
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
First impressions of the razor David?
Razor with the milder plate is extremely smooth, although I'd give Timeless the edge. Mild plate efficiency a little below my ideal. I'd put it around Timeless 0.68, Karve SB C plate. For me, it's more efficient than the Timeless Slim. I still can't get the performance from that razor that others are achieving.
I'll use the more aggressive plate, tomorrow.