Razorock Gamechanger

slapo

It's... alive!
Looks like I am the only one posting in this topic?
I'll chime in then.
I'm not in the habit of posting SOTDs, but I actually quite like the 0.68mm JAWS and OC plates.
The OC is pretty mild and very smooth. The JAWS seems like it has a little more blade feel, but I think that's just because the teeth are pretty wide apart, enough for skin to fold in-between them just a wee bit with a bit of pressure. It makes it nice for a technique check.

dscosmetic now sells Game Changer compatible top caps again, and the prism is quite interesting in use.
 

bartje-p

Forum GOD!
Thanks @slapo . I started of with the 84SB, then added an 84OC. Then acquired the 68SB and after that a 68OC. I love these last 2 plates, for everyday shaving (even every other day) they are great for me. I just love mild razors with enough shaving power, and they fit the bill for me.

I hadn’t used the 84SB in a while, but now I remeber why I liked this razor in the first place!
 
Last edited:

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
Can anybody confirmed the RazoRock game changer 1.05p shaves a lot smoother now? The reason why I'm asking, some say it's shaves very similar to a very rare Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company (LASSC) BBS-1, which has become the new Wolfman razor family.

So... Does anybody OWN a Wolfman WR2 1.05 to compare the game changer 1.05p side by side during their shaves?

Thank you.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I know you had a few shaves and compared, which is your favourite of the 2?
Ah - I knew I’d written down that I’d feedback - somewhere!

The Game Changer.
It’s very very close. The Lupo is a tiny bit lighter (good) and has the alignment on the top cap (good) rather than the baseplate (bad) like the GC. But I would say the GC is a tiny bit more efficient and maybe a tiny bit smoother but I’d probably only be able to tell that when using them on the same shave otherwise they are too similar and the soap or mood I’m in would be a bigger factor in the shave.
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Interesting thanks Paul.

Do you use Kai blades? I was Wondering if they fitted both ok as they are a slightly thicker blade. Do you think the blade is less clamped with the GC design compared to the Lupo? I’ve had the .95 Lupo and enjoyed it.
 

slapo

It's... alive!
Ah - I knew I’d written down that I’d feedback - somewhere!

The Game Changer.
It’s very very close. The Lupo is a tiny bit lighter (good) and has the alignment on the top cap (good) rather than the baseplate (bad) like the GC. But I would say the GC is a tiny bit more efficient and maybe a tiny bit smoother but I’d probably only be able to tell that when using them on the same shave otherwise they are too similar and the soap or mood I’m in would be a bigger factor in the shave.
To be fair, you don't actually have to align on the base plate on the GC series - as long as you have it roughly lined up on the top cap, it just pops into place as you put the head together and tighten the handle.
Also, same shave comparisons FTW. :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

p.b

Forum GOD!
Interesting thanks Paul.

Do you use Kai blades? I was Wondering if they fitted both ok as they are a slightly thicker blade. Do you think the blade is less clamped with the GC design compared to the Lupo? I’ve had the .95 Lupo and enjoyed it.
Just tried one and they seem to fit absolutely fine.
In theory the GC might not clamp as well because the base plate ends further away from the edge of the blade but I don’t experience any chatter in either so it’s purely theoretical
 
Top