Purchase of the year

slapo

It's... alive!
Has to be these. SO simple, SO cheap, SO light, SO efficient, SO packable and SO just the right size.

View attachment 60048
Would you mind sharing a link to those please?
I tend to use a collapsible silicone bowl as a shaving bowl if I bowl lather, but I am intrigued by the protrusions.
I also tried using a silicone brush cleaning... thingy as an insert in a bowl but it doesn't sit in there all that reliably.
 

slapo

It's... alive!
I didn't buy much shaving gear this year (as opposed to headphones :oops:), pretty much having only bought one razor (a cheap slant) and one head (Homelike Start OC) recently and from those the Start OC is probably my pick, although I guess I got what I paid for compared to the slant (which is cracking for the price, though). :)
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Would you mind sharing a link to those please?
I tend to use a collapsible silicone bowl as a shaving bowl if I bowl lather, but I am intrigued by the protrusions.
I also tried using a silicone brush cleaning... thingy as an insert in a bowl but it doesn't sit in there all that reliably.
You can find some links (Amazon UK etc) in this thread.
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
An Xmas present of a Micromatic Clog Pruf to a dear friend who gave me my first GEM razor - an Ever Ready 1912.

My own two Clog-Prufs are my favourite razors of 2019. Prefer them to my MMOC. One of the best designed razors ever made.
The Clog-Pruf is on my wish list.
I agree that the Micromatics have an incredible design.
When they were first introduced in the 1930s they were well ahead of their time.
 

Blackie

Forum GOD!
I did buy a SS Karve, and an old 7-o-Clock OC baseplate (love it...great shave. Bunged it on a Tech razor).
My best buy though would be the Yaqi Rainbow 26mm Pony knot brush.
I have 5 Yaqi's and a Muhle (all synthetics), and the Pony knot is the best (for me). It looks great too.
I also ordered a Wolfman WR2 but I really don't see that arriving anytime soon this year (sigh).
 

mbarno

Forum GOD!
Antica Barbieria Colla Green Tobacco after shave balm. Amazing powers of hydration and the godly scent lasts all morning. 10/10.

I was going to try some but then saw the price. Too rich for my tastes. Does sound great.
 
Top