Planning your SOTD?

alwinvrm

Guru
What I shave with in terms of software and brush is spontaneous depending on what I feel like in the morning and the weather. I usually have one razor that is a favorite and a few others that I use as well.
When I am testing gear I have a program and keep a log, nothing spontaneous.
I usually take the picture in the afternoon, because I want to take my time.
 

celestino

Forum GOD!
I choose my equipment the night before to match my SOTD photos, for my face shaves. Nevertheless, for my head shaves each nigh, I am quite consistent with my gear and almost never deviate from it. :)
 

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
I'm a morning shaver (on workdays) and I always decide the day before what gear to use. My SOTD photos is almost always taken the day before. Except when a brush is new and needs to break in I never use it more than once a week. The razor is typically changed when it's time for a new blade. Soaps is kind of a loose rotation between my favorite brands and I always choose an aftershave that match the soap.
 

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
Yeah, a decent shave on the evening is good enough for the day after. I'm not getting up any earlier, just to shave!
Ah yeah I can remember the days now when I wasn't already up at 5am with a baby crying and that sweet sweet sleep I used to savour.

Makes sense now.

Damn I miss sleep.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I have no system. So much depends on my mood or how much time I have. This place does sometimes influence my choices. Just this morning I was engaging with a few members on a thread about breaking in boar brushes. The convo turned to the Antica Barbieria Colla brush and 20 minutes later my ABC boar was swirling away on the surface of a tub of Cella!
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I have no system. So much depends on my mood or how much time I have. This place does sometimes influence my choices. Just this morning I was engaging with a few members on a thread about breaking in boar brushes. The convo turned to the Antica Barbieria Colla brush and 20 minutes later my ABC boar was swirling away on the surface of a tub of Cella!
.........Like Ron Weasley’s Mum or Mickey Mouse in the Wizards Apprentice?
Or by telekinesis?
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I don’t really plan. I look at whats on the shelf and pick something. Strict rotation doesn’t work for me I’m more fluid but at least I now know everything I use will work for me.
Aren’t you supposed to be drinking Pina Colada with an umbrella and a plastic giraffe?

Or maybe that’s how you stay “fluid” ?
 

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
I always choose my shaving gear for the following morning just before I hit the sack but based purely on what I want to use the following morning. No pre-planning involved.

Take the picture, strop the razor and wallah, hit the sack.
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I say no to plastic but yes to Pina Colada and getting caught in the rain
Andrew would be proud of your Golden reply.

If you spend too much time on the forum rather than on holiday looking after “Mrs @Wayne” it may become Oh what a lonely boy or Never let her slip away.

......or was that Rupert Holmes?
 
Top