Military Style Hair brush

Redd

A Right Member

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I'm intrigued - do these brushes really get used nowadays? I remember my dad having a pair - his haircut was short back and sides and the styling was comb forward, part down the middle then use brushes in both hands to sweep back - having applied Brycreem of course.

I assumed they died out sometime in the early 1960's.
I have had one for years [ am pretty ancient ], it has pretty stiff bristles and besides tidying up the hair massages the scalp if your hair is not too long .

IMG_0881.jpg

Celar36

Forum GOD!
I got two Kent military brushes.

One vintage 1930s ebony
Second 1990s mahogany

Love them

Plus to it Kent pocket comb for suit and horn comb from China handmade. Bought in small shop in Beijing

Redd

A Right Member
I don't think I need one of the blond Kent ones - but I may be starting to want one. Damn!!

S

Steve Bowles

I've got a Kent military-style brush (soft bristles); wouldn't trade it for anything.

S

Steve Bowles

Anyone know if there is much difference between the standard and soft?
I have the "soft" kind, and the bristles are very, very soft. The bristles are made for thinning hair, or fine hair. If my hair was any thicker, or longer, the brush would be of little use; as it is, it does the job. Wouldn't trade it.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I have the "soft" kind, and the bristles are very, very soft. The bristles are made for thinning hair, or fine hair. If my hair was any thicker, or longer, the brush would be of little use; as it is, it does the job. Wouldn't trade it.
I have the Kent Diplomat, which is not a military-style brush, as it has a handle. It has soft bristles and is designed for fine or thinning hair. I find that it works well on my fine and thinning hair, especially when my hair is dry.