Military Style Hair brush

Godfather

Forum GOD!
Hello and happy Friday to you all.

Am after a replacement hair brush as my rather old TOOBs one is withering away.

Any recommendations will be greatly welcomed as always....

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Kent does a range of bristle and/or nylon military brushes. I can vouch for mine anyway. Mason Pearson is a more exclusive option.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I have two quality military brushes:

- A Mason Pearson, which is a truly outstanding brush, manufactured to outlast a generation, and
- A vintage (NOS) Coates, which I was lucky to buy from TheGentlemansShop.co.uk 5 years back.

Both brushes are excellent to own and use and I cannot recommend them enough.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Kent offers several military-style brushes at various price points. All are quality products.

Last edited:

UKRob

Forum GOD!
I'm intrigued - do these brushes really get used nowadays? I remember my dad having a pair - his haircut was short back and sides and the styling was comb forward, part down the middle then use brushes in both hands to sweep back - having applied Brycreem of course.

I assumed they died out sometime in the early 1960's.

Cat_man_do

Surely if you need a brush in the mil, you need a haircut? Melchetts' aside.. go again, one minute, beast and rops?

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I'm intrigued - do these brushes really get used nowadays? I remember my dad having a pair - his haircut was short back and sides and the styling was comb forward, part down the middle then use brushes in both hands to sweep back - having applied Brycreem of course.

True. I admit I do not use the ones I have.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!

I have three hairbrushes and I use one of them every morning. None is a military-style, but two are Kents, which are club-style. I keep my hair short, but because it's fine and thinning I find that a good brushing helps get it under control. I use a comb and some very light gel as well.

Godfather

Forum GOD!

I still use one! But there again I sport a short back and sides!