May 2020 Acquisitions

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Looking good! Does the RR 400 feel better now Russ?
Hi Chris

For my tastes yes.

I prefer this knot and I made the socket a bit deeper and set the Knot 6mm Lower, now it has a very small glue bump and feels good to me (Of Course I bowl lather primarily and when I do face lather I tend to paint so not looking for a big splay).

That said many people love the standard knot the RR400 comes with , I measured all my brushes and the biggest Glue bump I have is 5mm so think I have just got used to that. So the bump on the RR400 just felt massive to me, the crazy thing was with all that glue mine was a shredder.

I do think I maybe got the Friday Afternoon brush.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
My first custom brush in almost 2 years (made by Viking; we collaborated via email to come up with my desired result). I asked for the knot to be sent unattached, so I need to glue this in yet. As pictured, I have a couple washers below the 26mm 2-band badger knot; loft approx. 50mm. I think this is where I'll set it.

 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
My first custom brush in almost 2 years (made by Viking; we collaborated via email to come up with my desired result). I asked for the knot to be sent unattached, so I need to glue this in yet. As pictured, I have a couple washers below the 26mm 2-band badger knot; loft approx. 50mm. I think this is where I'll set it.

I love that white handle. Someone here once mentioned provisionally gluing the knot in with blu-tack and using it that way to experiment with the loft height. But I have no doubt you‘ll do the right thing 😊
 

lu20vt

Forum GOD!
My first custom brush in almost 2 years (made by Viking; we collaborated via email to come up with my desired result). I asked for the knot to be sent unattached, so I need to glue this in yet. As pictured, I have a couple washers below the 26mm 2-band badger knot; loft approx. 50mm. I think this is where I'll set it.

Amazing brush!
 
Top