May 2020 Acquisitions

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Merkur Progress 510. I already have a Parker Variant and really like it. The progress looks better in the flesh and aesthetically I think I prefer it, the plastic knob doesn’t seem to bother me. But I have yet to shave with it....



View attachment 69179
Order yourself a Mergress from BullGoose Shaving. It is a modified Progress that has a metal bottom turn knob and beefed up internals. I love mine - U have the shorter version and it is a great razor. Here is the link: https://bullgooseshaving.com/collections/mergress-adjustable-razors

And a picture:

1590533083172.png
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
1590608038919.png


26mm Yaqi. This has a significant glue bump (not measured yet but I'd estimate 10mm). However, unlike other types of knot these fibres are not stiff at all and require the glue bump to provide some backbone and control for the knot and the fibres are long enough for the knot to feel more than big enough. I'm looking forward to using this tomorrow morning.
 
Top