March Acquisitions 2018

R181

Grumpy old man
Needed a project razor and picked this one up locally for the purpose. It seemed in decent enough shape and from a maker I'd not heard of before. They must have known what they were doing in the grinding department to turn out a bellied hollow. Now, if only I can spare some time from renovating a house I'd be off to the races.

Bob

Karbon-King-c.jpg


Karbon-King-b.jpg


Krabon-King.jpg
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just collected, I haven't bonded in the knot permanently yet as I'm playing with loft, although I think it just about spot on as it it (52mm):


This is also a "first go"; the acrylic, my Dad found a little brittle and he needs to work on his technique a little. He also needs some specif turning tools with a "negative angle" or something!? He also tells me he rushed it, as I wanted it for my holidays next week. I mean, I have other brushes, so there was really no rush!
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Just collected, I haven't bonded in the knot permanently yet as I'm playing with loft, although I think it just about spot on as it it (52mm):


This is also a "first go"; the acrylic, my Dad found a little brittle and he needs to work on his technique a little. He also needs some specif turning tools with a "negative angle" or something!? He also tells me he rushed it, as I wanted it for my holidays next week. I mean, I have other brushes, so there was really no rush!
Wow, that's fantastic.
If that's a rush job without the right tools what's the next one going to look like?
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
My Thater Premium Boar with a butterscotch beehive handle arrived in this morning’s post. I’ve washed and hand lathered it twice with VP Leonhardy brush soap in preparation for tomorrow’s first shave. It’s a good looking and substantial brush. At the price I hope It outperforms my two other boars, an SOC and an Omega B&B Essential Boar; it is noticeably larger than either brush.
 
Top